Volume 6 number 19, pages: 57 - 68
The aim of this paper is to explain how naval architect can profitable exploit a new devices recently developed different type of invertors recently developed from firms, manufacturers of electrical equipments. In the paper is accentuated problem how much fuel can be saved with DEP, because this, problem shipbuilding professionals are less informed. In order to illustrate how much fuel can be saved with this new propulsion technologies at the end of this paper there are two illustrative numerical examples given. In these examples calculation is made of the amount of the fuel oil which can be saved with DEP reinstalled on the given ships and on the given route. In the examples, ships have been selected so that the first example work on the ship which belongs to the river ships i.e. the ships which navigate generally at very low advance ratio, and the other ship which belongs to the sea going coastal ships which navigate generally at the advance ratio which are optimal or very close to optimum value of the advance ratio.
Hydrodinamische Grundlage fuer Berechnung Schiffschrauben. Karlsruhe: Verlag G.
2. Aljferjev, Ja.M. (1967) Hodkost i upravljaemost sudov. Moskva
3. Chapman, L.B. (1942) The marine power plant. New York, itd: McGraw-Hill
Book Company, Inc
4. Nikolić, Z., Stamenović, B., Marinković, M. (2003) Diesel-electric
propulsion of the reconstructed paddle wheel river ship 'Krajina'. u:
Conference Proceedings AES 2003 Broadening the Horizons, Edinburgh UK, 117-123
5. Nikolić, Z., Počuča, G. (2003) Brodske električne mašine i uređaji.
Beograd: Institut tehničkih nauka SANU
6. Ražnjević, K. Fizikalne veličine i mjerne jedinice. Zagreb: Nakladni zavod Znanje
7. Wendel, K. (1951) Basic wing and airfoil theory by Alan Pope. McGraw-Hill