This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 20 article 930 pages: 285-292
This paper presents research related to fast fit service concepts in the automotive maintenance at authorized services, as tool usefull that service provider increase competitiveness.
Implementation process of fast fit maintenance service concept in two authorized service networks is shown as well as the results of its empirical implementation, by using descriptive, comparative and statistical analysis method. Implementation of new maintenance service approach shows that its application leads to an improve of the after-sales work performances, relevantly affects the result of the whole business. In particular, in relation to the period when this service concept was not implemented new approach resulted in an increase in the number of total service visits.This research is limited to the automotive maintenance service industry especially as place for an improvement in authorized workshops. But some further studies could refine those measures and process of implementation for the applicability in some other service context.
1. Marx R, De Mello AM.(2014) New initiatives, trends and dilemmas for the Brazilian automotive industry: the case of Inovar Auto and its impacts on electromobility in Brazil, International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management, 14 (2), 138-157.
2. Popovic, V. Vasic, B. Rakicevic, B. et al. (2012) Optimization Of Maintenance Concept Choice Using Risk-Decision Factor – A Case Study, International Journal of Systems Science, 43(10), 1913-1926.
3. Popovic,V., Stamenkovic, D.(2013)System Approach to Vehicle Suspension System Control in CAE Environment, Handbook of Vehicle Suspension Control Systems, 303-326.
4. Meinzer, S., Prenninger, J., Vesel P. et al.(2016) Translating satisfaction determination from health care to the automotive industry, Service Business, 10(4), 651-685.
5. Ambe, I., Badenhorst-Weiss, J (2011) An automotive supply chain model for a demand-driven environment, Journal of Transport and Supply Chain Management, l(5), DOI:10.4102/jtscm.v5i1.18.
6. Popovic,V.(2015): Geneva - Belgrade, Technical regulations in the area of Motor Vehicles Type-Approval, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Univeristy of Belgrade, Belgrade. (in Serbian).
7. Kohtamaki, M., Hakala H., Partanen J. et al. (2015) The performance impact of industrial services and service orientation on manufacturing companies, Journal of Service Theory and Practice, 25(4), 463-485.
8. https://hbr.org/2006/05/winning-in-the-aftermarket, preuzeto 2021-06-07.
9. Asadollahi, A., Jahanshahi, A., Nawaser, K. (2011) A Comparative Study to Determine Customer’s Satisfaction from after Sales Services in the Automotive Industries, Asian Journal of Business Management Studies, 2(3), 124-134.
10. Brito, E., Aguilar, R., Brito, L. (2007) Customer choise of a car maintanance service provider, International Journal of Operations&Production Management,27(5), 464-481, DOI:10.1108/01443570710742366
11. Velimirovic, M. (2014) “Improving the efectiveness of the system maintenance perameters of motor vehicles using the fast fit service concept”, MSc thesis, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
12. Godlevskaja, O., Iwaarden, JV., Wiele, TV. (2011) Moving from product-based to service-based business strategies: Services categorisation schemes for the automotive industry, International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 28(1), 62-94.
13. Bijl, J., Mordret, H., Multrier, B., Nieuwhuys S., et al. (2000): The Evolution of the European Automotive Spare Parts Distribution Market, Supply Chain Forum: An International Journal,1(1), 70-79.
14. Sohal, A.(2005) , Strategic supply chain management issues in the automotive industry: an Australian perspective, International Journal of Production Research, 43(16), 3375- 3399.
15. Urban, D., Hoffer, G. (1999), The virtual automotive dealership: is it time? Is it legal?, Journal of Consumer Marketing, 16(2), 137-150.
16. Humphrey, J., Memedovic, O.(2003): The global automotive industry value chain: what prospects for upgrading by development countries?, UNITED NATIONS INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION Vienna.
17. Kiff, J. (2000): The lean dealership - a vision for the future: “from hunting to farming”, Marketing Intelligence & Planning,112-126.
18. Ahmad, S., Butt, M. (2012): Can after sale service generate brand equity?, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 30(3), 307-323.
19. Smith, J.(2001), The KPI book , Insight Training&Development Limited, 61-107.
20. Werbińska-Wojciechowska S., Zając, P. (2015)Use of delay-time concept in modelling process of technical and logistics systems maintenance performance-Case study, Eksploatacja i Niezawodnosc – Maintenance and Reliability, 17(2), 174-185.
21. Velimirovic, D., Velimirovic, M., Stankovic, R. (2011), The role and importance of key performance indicators measurement (KPI), Serbian Journal of Management, 63-71.
22. Kumar, V., Batista, L., Maull, R. (2011): The Impact of Operations Performance on Customer Loyalty, Service Science 3(2),158-171.
23. Dorn, J. (2010) Business Service Scheduling, International Journal on Applied Logistics, 1(4), 52 -63.