This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 21 article 1049 pages: 45-58
In this work, finite element analysis has been done along with experimental test and conducted using numerical and experimental tests of the buckling response of quasi-static compressive loading of six layers woven cross-ply laminated composite material [0º/90º/0º] with centrally square and circular cutouts. The effect of cut-out shape and its size with a buckling load were obtained experimentally and numerically. Compression experiment has been performed by using INSTRON machine, and the experimentally obtained buckling loads are compared with a numerical results obtained by ANSYS simulation program. Both experimental and numerical results are showing good agreement. It is noticed that the buckling load of the composite plate has been decreased with the increasing of the size of cutout. The cutout area, cutout ratio (d/w), fiber weight, plate thickness and fiber type of the plate has a major effect to the load of the cross-ply laminated composite plates.
1. Sandeep Olhan, Vikas Khatkar, B. K. Beherak, Impact behavior of long glass fiber reinforced aluminum metal matrix composite prepared by friction stir processing technique for automotive, journal of Composite materials, V. 56 Issue 14, (2022), doi.org/10.1177/00219983221092012
2. F. Laurin, N. Carrere, J.F. Maire. Journal of Compos Structure, V. 80, 172-182 (2007).
3. Duosheng Xu, Rajamohan Ganesan, Suong V. Hoa. Journal of Compos Structure, V. 67, 37-55 (2005).
4. Payal Jain, Ashwini Kumar. Journal of Compos Structure 65, 179-185 (2004).
5. Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, W. P. Chong, T. M. I Mahlia, W. T. Chong, Prasetyo Edi, Haidar Al-qrimli, Irfan Anjum, R. Zahari. J Mater & Design, V. 31: 466-474.
6. S. A. M. Ghannadpour, A. Najafi, B. Mohammadi. Journal of Composite Structure, V. 75, 3-6 (2006).
7. Tamer Özbe. Journal of Comput. Mater Sci, V. 45, 1006-1015 (2009).
8. T. Kremer, H. Schűrmann. J Compos Sci Technol, V. 68, 90-97 (2008).
9. Hongzhi Zhong, Chao Gu. J Compos. Struct, V. 80, 42-48 (2007).
10. M. Aydin Komur, Mustafa Sonmez., J Mech Res Commun 35, 361-371 (2008).
11. Z. Aslan, Mustafa Şahin. J Compos Struct, V. 89, 382-390 (2009).
12. Mehmet Fatih Altan, Murat Emre Kartal, Journal of Material & Design, V. 30, 2243-2249 (2009).
13. Mark W. Hi, Vicki O. Britt, Micheal P. Nemeth. International journal of Solid Structure, V. 38, 1495-1522 (2001).
14. Damodar R. Ambur, Navin Jaunky, Mark Hilburger, Carlos G. Dávila J Compos Struct, V. 65,143-155 (2004).
15. Mevlüt Tercan, Mehmet Aktaş. J Compos Struct 89, 245-252 (2009).
16. Osman Asi. J Compos Struct, V. 90, 43-52 (2009).