This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 21 article 1062 pages: 176-187
The long segment policy for national road preservation comprising routine maintenance work, both road routine and condition routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, and holding with widening, rehabilitation, and reconstruction of several road sections into a single contract had been implemented in Indonesia since 2016. Reliable road performance indicators including road pavement, road shoulders, drainage, road equipment, road complementary buildings, and clearances have an impact on-road performance. Therefore, an analysis must be carried out to obtain indicators for each road performance influencing Penalties for Late Fulfillment in Road Service Levels (PLRSL) charged to contractors if they could not meet the road performance indicators based on the specified repair response time. This study aims to improve the road service level through the compliance of road performance indicators on the success of sustainable construction projects. The Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) analysis results indicated that the road performance indicator in the road preservation program had a significant effect of 77.0% on the determination of PLRSL. In addition, road pavement, drainage, road shoulder, clearance, complementary buildings, and road equipment contributed statistically significant effect on the road performance indicator with values of 88.0%, 81.4%, 80.9%, 79.1%, 78.1%, and 51.3%, respectively. These results should be a concern for contractors and the government. With a clear understanding of the significant indicators in the context of the road maintenance project, these findings could potentially contribute to the development of comprehensive pavement handling on road maintenance programs related to the quality performance of the construction projects.
1. Direktorat Jenderal Bina Marga. (2020). Rencana Strategis Direktorat Jenderal Bina Marga 2020-2024. Dirjen Bina Marga, Jakarta.
2. Correia, M. G., e Bonates, T. de O., Prata, B. de A., Júnior, E. F. N. (2022). An integer linear programming approach for pavement maintenance and rehabilitation optimization. International Journal of Pavement Engineering, vol. 23, no. 8, 2710–2727, DOI: 10.1080/10298436.2020.1869736
3. Direktorat Jenderal Bina Marga. (2020). Surat Edaran Direktur Jenderal Bina Marga Nomor 16.1/SE/Db/2020 tentang Spesifikasi Umum Bina Marga 2018 untuk Pekerjaan Konstruksi Jalan dan Jembatan (Revisi 2). Dirjen Bina Marga, Jakarta
4. Meškėnas, A., Gribniak, V., Kaklauskas, G., Sokolov, A., Gudonis, E., Rimkus, A. (2017). Experimental investigation of cracking behaviour of concrete beams reinforced with steel fibres produced in Lithuania. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 12, no. 2, 82–87, DOI: 10.3846/bjrbe.2017.10
5. Vaitkus, A., Gražulytė, J., Kleizienė, R., Vorobjovas, V., Šernas, O. (2019). Concrete Modular Pavements – Types, Issues And Challenges. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 14, no. 1, 80-103, DOI: 10.7250/bjrbe.2019-14.434
6. Durdyev, S., Ismail, S., Ihtiyar, A., Abu Bakar, N. F. S., Darko, A. (2018). A partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM) of barriers to sustainable construction in Malaysia. Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 204, 564–572, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.08.304
7. Zhang, Y., Vennapusa, P., White, D. J. (2019). Assessment Of Designed And Measured Mechanistic Parameters Of Concrete Pavement Foundation. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 14, no. 1, 37-57, DOI: 10.7250/bjrbe.2019-14.432
8. Kineber, A. F., Othman, I., Oke, A. E., Chileshe, N., Buniya, M. K. (2021). Impact of Value Management on Building Projects Success: Structural Equation Modeling Approach. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 147, no. 4, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0002026
9. Hair, J. F., Hult, G. T. M., Ringle, C. M., Sarstedt, M., Thiele, K. O. (2017). Mirror, mirror on the wall: a comparative evaluation of composite-based structural equation modeling methods. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 45, no. 5, 616-632, DOI: 10.1007/s11747-017-0517-x
10. Roh, Y., Heo, G., Whang, S. E. (2021). A Survey on Data Collection for Machine Learning: A Big Data - AI Integration Perspective. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 33, no. 4, 1328-1347, DOI: 10.1109/TKDE.2019.2946162
11. de Souza, A. C., Alexandre, N. M. C., Guirardello, E. de B., de Souza, A. C., Alexandre, N. M. C., Guirardello, E. de B. (2017). Propriedades psicométricas na avaliação de instrumentos: avaliação da confiabilidade e da validade. Epidemiologia e Serviços de Saúde, vol. 26, no. 3, 649–659, DOI: 10.5123/S1679-49742017000300022
12. McNeish, D. (2018). Thanks coefficient alpha, we’ll take it from here. Psychological Methods, vol. 23, no. 3, 412–433, DOI: 10.1037/met0000144
13. Wang, J., Wang, X. (2019). Structural equation modeling: Applications using Mplus. John Wiley & Sons, New York.
14. Asian Development Bank. (2018). Guide To Performance-Based Road Maintenance Contracts. Asian Development Bank, Manila.
15. Roza, E., Sriono. (2020). Analisis Pengaruh 6 (enam) Komponen Jalan terhadap Kinerja Ruas Jalan Berbasis Aplikasi Android. Jurnal HPJI, vol. 6, no. 1, 29–42.
16. The World Bank. (2017). Procurement of Performance-Based Management and Maintenance of Roads Output Based Service Contract. The World Bank, Washington DC.
17. Babić, D., Fiolic, M., Babić, D., Gates, T. (2020). Road Markings and Their Impact on Driver Behaviour and Road Safety: A Systematic Review of Current Findings. Journal of Advanced Transportation, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/7843743
18. Hasan, M., Lu, M. (2021). Error Propagation Model for Analyzing Project Labor Cost Budget Risks in Industrial Construction. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 147, no. 4, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0002010
19. Nguyen, L. D., Tran, D. Q. (2021). Measurement of Fuzzy Membership Functions in Construction Risk Assessment. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 147, no. 4, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0002015
20. McNeish, D. (2017). Multilevel Mediation With Small Samples: A Cautionary Note on the Multilevel Structural Equation Modeling Framework. Structural Equation Modeling, vol. 24, no. 4, 609–625, DOI: 10.1080/10705511.2017.1280797
21. Rose, N., Wagner, W., Mayer, A., Nagengast, B. (2019). Model-Based Manifest and Latent Composite Scores in Structural Equation Models. Collabra: Psychology, vol. 5, no. 1, DOI: 10.1525/collabra.143
22. Enders, C. K., Mansolf, M. (2018). Assessing the fit of structural equation models with multiply imputed data. Psychological Methods, vol. 23, no. 1, 76–93, DOI: 10.1037/met0000102
23. Epskamp, S., Rhemtulla, M., Borsboom, D. (2017). Generalized Network Psychometrics: Combining Network and Latent Variable Models. Psychometrika, vol. 82, no. 4, 904–927, DOI: 10.1007/s11336-017-9557-x
24. Henseler, J. (2017). Bridging Design and Behavioral Research With Variance-Based Structural Equation Modeling. Journal of Advertising, vol. 46, no. 1, 178–192, DOI: 10.1080/00913367.2017.1281780
25. Spławińska, M. (2019). Methodology For Determining Reliable Traffic Parameters For Current Analysis Of Performance Of Motorways And Expressways. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 14, no. 1, 104–123, DOI: 10.7250/bjrbe.2019-14.435
26. Ab Hamid, M. R., Sami, W., Mohmad Sidek, M. H. (2017). Discriminant Validity Assessment: Use of Fornell; Larcker criterion versus HTMT Criterion. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 890, 012163, DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/890/1/012163
27. Morecroft, J. (2020). System Dynamics, Systems Approaches to Making Change: A Practical Guide. Springer London, 25–88, DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4471-7472-1_2
28. Ramachandran, S., Rajendran, C., Amirthalingam, V. (2019). Decision Support System for the Maintenance Management of Road Network Considering Multi-Criteria. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, vol. 12, no. 3, 325–335, DOI: 10.1007/s42947-019-0039-7
29. Samith, A., Bandara, S. (2021). Development of evaluation criteria for routine maintenance work in performance-based road maintenance contracts. Proceedings of the Transportation Research Forum 2021, p. 27-28.
30. Torres-Machi, C., Pellicer, E., Yepes, V., Chamorro, A. (2017). Towards a sustainable optimization of pavement maintenance programs under budgetary restrictions. Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 148, 90–102, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.01.100
31. Ahmed, S., Vedagiri, P., Krishna Rao, K. V. (2017). Prioritization of pavement maintenance sections using objective based Analytic Hierarchy Process. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, vol. 10, no. 2, 158–170, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijprt.2017.01.001
32. Olita, S., Diomedi, M., Ciampa, D. (2020). Alternative Formula for Rigid Pavement Stress Calculation in Corner Load Conditions. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 15, no. 5, 59–79, DOI: 10.7250/bjrbe.2020-15.507
33. Qiao, Y., Dawson, A. R., Parry, T., Flintsch, G., Wang, W. (2020). Flexible Pavements and Climate Change: A Comprehensive Review and Implications. Sustainability, vol. 12, no. 3, 1057, DOI: 10.3390/su12031057
34. Sutradhar, R., Pal, M. (2020). Assessment of Pavement Shoulder Condition in Rural Roads. International Journal on Emerging Technologies, vol. 11, no. 1, 91–100.
35. Wysokowski, A. (2020). Impact of Traffic Load Randomness on Fatigue of Steel Bridges. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 15, no. 5, 21–44, DOI: 10.7250/bjrbe.2020-15.505
36. Leonavičienė, T., Pukalskas, S., Pumputis, V., Kulešienė, E., Žuraulis, V. (2020). Investigation of Factors That Have Affected the Outcomes of Road Traffic Accidents on Lithuanian Roads. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, vol. 15, no. 5, 1-20, DOI: 10.7250/bjrbe.2020-15.504
37. Glas, A. H., Henne, F. U., Essig, M. (2018). Missing performance management and measurement aspects in performance-based contracting. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, vol. 38, no. 11, 2062–2095, DOI: 10.1108/IJOPM-09-2016-0571
38. Tahan, M., Tsoutsanis, E., Muhammad, M., Abdul Karim, Z. A. (2017). Performance-based health monitoring, diagnostics and prognostics for condition-based maintenance of gas turbines: A review. Applied Energy, vol. 198, pp. 122–144, DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.04.048
39. Abu Samra, S., Osman, H., Hosny, O. (2017). Optimal Maintenance and Rehabilitation Policies for Performance-Based Road Maintenance Contracts. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, vol. 31, no. 1, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000928