This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
This work presents the results of the development and application of a filtration unit – a cartridge filter with a throttle
(discharge) hole – for separating the solid phase – crystalline aluminum hydroxide Al(OH)3, formed during long-term
operation of an air and aluminum chemical cell with alkaline electrolyte and power plants based on them. The main
theoretical provisions on the filtration mechanism using the discharge hole are formulated, according to which the filtration
process consists of two types of filtration – blowout piping and particle coupling. The developed method made
it possible to: purify electrolyte with low friction to electrolyte flow at high concentrations of the solid phase; ensure
long-term performance of the purification system with large masses of the solid phase formed; be able to quickly
regenerate the electrolyte; have a small mass and volume; leave a sufficient amount of solid phase in the electrolyte
so that the crystals of aluminum hydroxide passing through the filter are a seed for the crystallization of dissolved
aluminum in the circuit. The studies carried out allowed us to conclude that the use of mechanical cartridge filters
with an orifice hole is an effective and reliable method for cleaning the electrolyte of a power plant with an air and
aluminum chemical cell.
1. Farmakovskaya, A., Okorokova, N., Pushkin, K., Sevruk, S., Suvorova, E. (2019). Electrolyte for hy¬dronic chemical current source used as hydrogen generator with aluminum anode. Collection of the 2018 International Theoretical and Practical Con¬ference on Alternative and Smart Energy TPCASE 2018. DtSceh Publication, Inc., Lancaster, p. 224- 230.
2. Farmakovskaya, A., Okorokova, N., Pushkin, K., Sevruk, S., Suvorova, E. (2019). Energy characteris¬tics of a combined power plant based on a hydronic chemical current source. Collection of the 2018 In¬ternational Theoretical and Practical Conference on Alternative and Smart Energy TPCASE 2018.DtSceh Publication, Inc., Lancaster, p. 231-237.
3. Chen, X., Zhang, Y., Ribeiorinha, P., Li, H., Kong, X.,Boaventura, M. (2018). A proton conductor elec¬trolyte based on Molten CsH5(PO4)2 for intermedi¬ate-temperature fuel cells. RSC Advances, vol. 8, no. 10, 5225-5232,Doi: 10.1039/c7ra12803g.
4. Farmakovskaya, A.A., Shtekher, S.M. (1979). The study of mutual solubility in the system КОН-Аl(О)3- Н2О under 20oС. Collection Physic-Chemical Stud¬ies of Solutions and Melts of Electrochemical Sys¬tems and Systems. MAI, Moscow, p. 41-44.
5. Czarnetzki, W., Sevruk, S., Schneider, W., Khatskevych, Yu., Pushkin, K., Lutsenko, I., Rukhlov, A., Pivnyak, G., Beshta, O., Alekseyev, M. (2017). The development of electric alkaline electrochemical fuel cell hybrid system. 2016 Annual Proceedings, p. 33-45, DOI:10.1201/9781315197814-7.
6. Zaitsev, A.N., Strebkov, Y.S., Leshukov, A.Y., Ivanov, V.M., Kuksenova, L.I., Sachek, B.Y., Mezrin, A.M., Aleksandrova, Y.P. (2016). Assessment of critical level of shear stresses in tribocouples of Аl2O3 and metal details of ITER blanket modules. Journal of Machinery Manufacture and Reliability, vol. 45, no. 6, 522-530.
7. Hu, J., He, P., Zhang, B., Wang, B., Fan, L.-Z. (2020). Porous film host-derived 3D composite polymer electrolyte for high-voltage solid state lithium batter¬ies. Energy Storage Materials, vol. 26, 283-289, Doi: 10.1016/j.ensm.2020.01.006.
8. Okorokova, N.S., Perchenok, A.V., Suvorova, E.V., Farmakovskaya, A.A. (2019). Purification of alkaline electrolyte from dissolved reaction products during work of the air-aluminum chemical current source. PeriodicoTcheQuímica, vol. 16, no. 33, 337-350.
9. Pushkin, K.V., Sevruk, S.D., Okorokova, N.S., Far¬makovskaya, A.A. (2018). The most efficient corro¬sion inhibitors for aluminum anode of electrochem¬ical cell used as a controlled hydrogen generator. Periodico Tche Quimica, vol. 15, no. S1, 414-425.
10. Farmakovskaya, A.A., Perchenok, A.V., Romanen¬kov, A.V. (1990). Russian utility patent No 1604390 “Separator for crystallization of aluminate solutions”. MAI, Moscow.
11. Pushkin, K.V.,Sevruk, S.D., Suvorova, E.V., Farma¬kovskaya, A.A. (2015). Development of a method for the regeneration of an alkaline electrolyte in an air– aluminum chemical power supply. Russian Metallur¬gy (Metally), vol. 13, 1179-1184.
12. Okorokova, N.S., Sevruk, S.D., Suvorova, E.V., Far¬makovskaya, A.A. (2015). Solid reaction products and aluminate solutions that form during the opera¬tion of an air-aluminum chemical power supply. Rus¬sian Metallurgy (Metally), vol. 13, 1174-1178.
13. Farmakovskaya, A.A., Popov, V.V., Sevruk, S.D., Tumanov, B.I., Udaltsov, V.G. (2003). Oxygen-alumi¬num fuel cells and most practical fields of their ap¬plications. Fuel Cell Science, Engineering and Tech¬nology. ASME, New York, p. 273-277.
14. Okorokova, N.S., Prokofev, M.V., Pushkin, K.V., Sevruk, S.D., Suvorova, E.V., Farmakovskaya, A.A. (2015). The possibility of using alkaline-stannate electrolytes in a hydronic chemical current source as a hydrogen generator. Proceedings of MAI, no. 83, http://www.mai.ru/science/trudy/published. php?ID=62119.
15. Kim, C., Kim, S., Jang, I., Yoon, H., Song, T., Paik, U. (2019). Facile fabrication strategy of highly dense gadolinium-doped ceria/yttria-stabilized zirconia bi¬layer electrolyte via cold isostatic pressing for low temperature solid oxide fuel cells.Journal of Power Sources, vol. 415, 112-118,Doi: 10.1016/j.jpow-sour.2019.01.057.
16. Mathur, L., Kim, I.-H., Bhardwaj, A., Singh, B., Park, J.-Y., Song, S.-J. (2020). Structural and electrical properties of novel phosphate based composite electrolyte for low-temperature fuel cells. Compos¬ites Part B: Engineering, vol. 202, no. 108405,Doi: 10.1016/j.compositesb.2020.108405.
17. Rajagopal, R., Ryu, K.-S. (2020). Evaluation of Li6P2S8I solid electrolyte for all solid-state lithium bat¬tery applications. Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 402, no. 123179, Doi: 10.1016/j.cej.2020.126179.
18. Astapov, A.N., Zhestkov, B.E., Lifanov, I.P.,Rabins¬kiy, L.N.,Terentieva, V.S. (2019). Erosion-resistant enhancement of anti-oxidation coatings in hyperson¬ic flows of air plasma. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 44, 5323-5334.
19. Astapov, A.N., Rabinskiy, L.N.,Terentieva, V.S. (2019). State in the field of heat-resistant coatings for heat-proof nickel alloys and steels. Periodico Tche Quimica, vol. 16, no. 33, 561-572.
20. Babaytsev, A.V., Rabinskiy, L.N. (2019). Design cal¬culation technique for thick-walled composite con¬structions operating under high-speed loading. Peri¬odico Tche Quimica, vol. 16, no. 33, 480-489.
21. Skvortsov, A.A., Zuev, S.M., Koryachko, M.V. (2018). Contact melting of aluminum-silicon structures un¬der conditions of thermal shock. Key Engineering Materials, vol. 771, 118-123.
22. Dinzhos, R.V., Lysenkov, E.A., Fialko, N.M. (2015). Features of thermal conductivity of composites based on thermoplastic polymers and aluminum par¬ticles. Journal of Nano- and Electronic Physics, vol. 7, no. 3, 03022.
23. Dinzhos, R.V., Lysenkov, E.A., Fialko, N.M. (2015). Influence of fabrication method and type of the filler on the thermal properties of nanocomposites based on polypropylene. Voprosy Khimii i Khimicheskoi Tekhnologii, vol. 5, no. 103, 56-62.