This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
New method and technical solutions for nondestructive express diagnostics and targeted selection of spruce wood
with unique dendro-acoustic properties aged in buildings are presented. Flow charts of equipment and ways of its
application to identify resonant properties of wood in different parts of a building, including the walls made of round
timbers, ceiling and floor boards are given. The proposed ways of wood quality diagnostics in buildings has its advantages
over conventional methods.
1. Ugolev, B.N. ( 2007). Wood-forest with the basics of merchandising. Moscow.
2. Vitachek, E.F. (1964). Essays on the History of manufacture of stringed instruments. Moscow: Music.
3. Leman, А.I. (1903). The violin acoustics. St-Petersburg.
4. Bucur V. (1983). An ultrasonic method for measuring the elastic constans of wood increment cores bored from living trees. Journal of Ultrasonic. -116-126.
5. Fedyukov, V.I. (2016). Resonant spruce: selection from stands, growing, target use. Russia, Yoshkar- Ola.
6. Fedyukov, V., Chernov, V., & Chernova, M. . Strength of aged wood in old constructions. Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 18(1), 114-119.
7. GOST 16483.18 –72. Wood. Method for determination the number of annual rings in 1 cm and content of late wood in an annual ring (1972), Moscow, 10р.
8. Andreyev, N.N., (1938). On the tree for musical instruments. Collection of works, CMSRL. M.L., р. 11- 18.
9. GOST 16483.1-84.: Wood. Densitometry method (1999), Moscow, 16 р.
10. GOST 16483.31- 74. Wood. Resonance method for determination of modulus of elasticity and shear and decrement vibrations (1974), Moscow, 7 р.
11. Pat. 2448811 Russian Federation MPK 6 G01С 3/340 Device for measuring drilling resistance/ Sharapov Ye.S., Chernov V.Yu., Bychkova T.V.№ 2010106686/22; applied 24.02.2010; published 10.06.2010.
12. Fedyukov, V.I. (1990). Electronic dendrometer for selecting resonant wood. Woodworking industry, 7, 30-31.
13. Pat. 2577886 Pat. 2577886 Russian Federation MPK G01 № 33/46 Device for express diagnostics of the resonant properties of standing timber / Fedyukov V.I., Saldaeva E.Yu., Tsvetkova E.M., Vasenev E.А. № 25778886; applied 05.05.2014; published 10.11.2015.
14. Pat. 2665149 Russian Federation MPK G01 С1 № 33/46. Method for express diagnostics of resonant properties of wood aged in old buildings / Fedyukov V.I., Chernov V.Yu., Chernova М.S. № 2017128246; applied 07.00.2017; published 28.08.2018.
15. Pat. 2130611 Russian Federation MPK G01 № 33/46 Method for diagnosing the resonant properties of wood and the device for its realization /Fedyukov V.I., Veselov L.N., Veselov V.L. № 971091185; applied 28.05.1997; published 20.05.1999.
16. Fedyukov, V.I., Shurgin, A.I., Saldaeva, E.Y., Tsvetkova, E.M. ( 2015). Theoretical studies and measurements of elastic-acoustic performance of wood with different methods for selection of resonant growing crop. Wood Research, 60 (3), 417-428.
17. Fedyukov, V.I., Saldaeva, E.Y., Tsvetkova, E.M. ( 2016). Resonance wood microstructure peculiarities. Wood Research, 61 (3), 1-9.
18. Blskova, G., Brdarov, N. (2003). Sounding wood acoustic characteristics studies // Collection of scientific reports 50th anniversary of the Forest Engineering Institute: Woodworking and furniture production section. - Sofia, pp. 49- 53.