THE STUDY OF THE POSITIONINg OF A FLEXIBLE MANIPULATOR
The purpose of this paper is a theoretical study of the positioning accuracy of the end part of the developed flexible manipulator. The research was carried out on the basis of its computer and physical models. In the process of computer modelling with the use of Matlab Robotics Toolbox software environment and on the basis of the developed physical model, the principles of determining the position of the end part of a flexible manipulator at known tilt angles of links were set up, taking into account that the geometric dimensions of the models were identical. The results of modelling are presented in the graphs of the coordinate comparison. Based on the results of experiments, we can conclude that, in order to achieve high accuracy of positioning of the end part of a flexible manipulator, it is recommended to avoid the use of cardan joints between the links, or to choose cardan mechanisms with reduced free travel.
1. Kiang C. T. ,Spowage A.,Yoong C. K. (2015). Review of Control and Sensor System of Flexible Manipulator. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 77, 187-213. DOI: 10.1007/s10846-014-0071-4
2. Book W.J. (1990). Modeling, design, and control of flexible manipulator arms: a tutorial review. Proceeding of the 29th Conference on Decision and Control, Honolulu, Hawaii. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.1990.203648
3. Semenov K.D., Mazunin I.D., Kamenskih A.D. (2016) Mechanized technology for harvesting apples using a flexible manipulator. Proceeding of the 1st All-Russian Scientific Conference on Ground transportation and technological means: design, production, operation, Chita, Russia. 72-77.
4. Robinson G., Davies J.B.C. (1999). Continuum robots - a state of the art. Robotics and Automation. 4, 2849 – 2854. DOI:10.1109/ROBOT.1999.774029
5. Kulakov F., Alferov G.V., Efimova P., Chernakova S., Shymanchuk D. (2015) Modeling and control of robot manipulators with the constraints at the moving objects. Stability and Control Processes, 102 – 105. DOI: 10.1109/SCP.2015.7342075
6. QiP., Qiu C., Liu H., Dai J. S., SeneviratneL. D., Althoefer K. (2016). A Novel Continuum Manipulator Design Using Serially Connected Double-Layer Planar Springs. Transaction on Mechatronics, 21, 1281-1292. DOI: 10.1109/TMECH.2015.2498738
7. BrysonC.E., RuckerD. C. (2014). Toward parallel continuum manipulators. Robotics and Automation. 778 – 785. DOI: 10.1109/ICRA.2014.6906943
8. Mazunin I.D., Semenov K.D. (2017) Modeling a flexible manipulator in a Matlab environment. Proceeding of the international interdisciplinary scientific conference on Russia in a multi-vector world: National security, challenges and answers. Yoshkar-Ola, Russia.209-212.
9. SemenovK.D., MazuninI.D., KamenskihA.D., MedyakovA. A. (2015) Flexible manipulator for the care of tree plantations. Proceeding of the All-Russian Scientific Conference onEngineers- the future of Russia’s innovative economy, 1-1, 81-84
10. SidyganovY.N., MedyakovA.A., OstashenkovA.P., KamenskihA.D., MazuninI.D., Semenov K.D. (2015). Introduction of innovative technologies for the care of trees: the development of a flexible manipulator. Wood working industry, 3, 22-25
11. ashericynP.I., MaharinskiyE.I. (1985) Planning an experiment in engineering, Minsk, 286
12. MochiyamaH., SuzukiT. (2003) Kinematics and dynamics of a cable-like hyper-flexible manipulator. Robotics and Automation, 3, 3672 – 3677, DOI: 10.1109/ROBOT.2003.1242160
13. Chirikjian G.S., Burdick J.W. (1994). A modal approach to hyper-redundant manipulator kinematics. Transaction on Robotics and Automation. 10, 343-354, DOI: 10.1109/70.294209
14. Naganathan G., Soni A.H. (1987). Coupling Effects of Kinematics and Flexibility in Manipulators. The International Journal of Robotics Research, 6, 75-84, DOI: 10.1177/027836498700600106
15. Mochiyama H., Suzuki T. (2002) Dynamical modelling of a hyper-flexible manipulator. Proceedings of the 41st SICE Annual Conference. 5 DOI: 10.1109/SICE.2002.1196530
16. Naganathan G., Soni A.H. (1986). Nonlinear Modeling of Kinematic and Flexibility Effects in Manipulator Design. Journal of Mechanisms, Transmissions, and Automation in Design, 110(3), 243-254 DOI: 10.1115/1.3267454
17. Bayo E., Papadopoulos P., Stubbe J., Serna M.A. (1989) Inverse Dynamics and Kinematics of Multi-Link Elastic Robots: An Iterative Frequency Domain Approach. The International Journal of Robotic Research, 8, 49-62 DOI: 10.1177/027836498900800604
18. Chang L.- W., Hamilton J.F. (1987) The Kinematics of Robotic Manipulators With Flexible Links Using an Equivalent Rigid Link System (ERLS) Model. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 113(1), 48-53 DOI: 10.1115/1.2896358
19. Korayem M.H., Ghariblu H.(2004) Analysis of wheeled mobile flexible manipulator dynamic motions with maximum load carrying capacities. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 48, 63-76 DOI: 10.1016/j.robot.2004.07.010