DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF B-SERIES PROPELLER FOR TRADITIONAL PURSE SEINE BOAT IN THE NORTH COASTAL REGION OF CENTRAL JAVA INDONESIA
In the North Coastal Region of Central Java, the traditional ﬁshing boat is a primary object that generates the economics activities of the social community. As an artisan ﬁshery, the boats generally adopt the tradition to build technique from their predecessor. Therefore the lack of practice to determine the propeller design which considered the hydrodynamic relation within the boat dimension, hull form geometry and propeller is observed. Presently, there is no a standard propeller design that particularly well designed considering the hull shape geometry for the traditional boat. The aim of the research is to identify the propeller that would be applied to the ﬁshing boats typically found in the North Coastal Region of Central Java using B-Series marine propeller. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis for assessing the performance of thrust and torque of the developed propeller was performed.
1. Triarso, I. (2012). Potential and Opportunity of Fishery Business Development at the North Coast of Central Java translated from Indonesia language. Jurnal Saintek Perikanan, vol. 8, no. 1, 65-73.
2. Morgut, M., Noblie, E. (2012). Infl uence of Grid Type and Turbulence Model on the Numerical Prediction of the Flow Around Marine Propellers Working in Uniform Infl ow.Ocean Engineering, vol. 42, 26-34, DOI: 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2012.01.012
3. Zhu, Z. (2015). Numerical Study on Characteristics Correlation between Cavitating Flow and Skew of Ship Propellers. Ocean Engineering, vol. 99, 63-71, DOI: 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2014.12.023
4. Justin, E. (1986). Marine Propellers. Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 18, 367-403, DOI: 10.1146/annurev.fl .18.010186.002055
5. Takinaci, A.C., Atlar, M. (2002). Performance Assessment of A Concept Propulsor: the Thrust-balanced Propeller. Ocean Engineering, vol. 29, 129-149, DOI: 10.1016/S0029-8018(01)00005-1
6. Sánchez-Caja, A., González-Adalid, A., Pérez-Sobrino, M., Sipilä,T. (2014). Scale Efects on Tip Loaded Propeller Performance using a RANSE Solver. Ocean Engineering, vol. 88, 607-617, DOI:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2014.04.029
7. Ghassemi, H. (2009). The Effect of Wake Flow and Skew Angle on the Ship Propeller Performance. Trans. B. Mech. Eng, vol. 16, 129-158
8. Bernitsas, M. M., Ray, D. (1982). Optimal Revolution B-Series Propellers. College of Engineering The University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan.
9. Oosterveld, M. W. C., Van Ossannen, P. (1975). Further Computer-Analyzed Data of Wageningen B-Screw Series . International Ship Building Progress, vol. 22, no. 251, 3-14
10. Tsakonas, S., Jacobs, W. R., Ali, M. R. (1972). An Exact Linear Lifting-Surface Theory for a Marine Propeller in a Nonuniform Flow Field. New Jersey
11. Shotaro, U., Yoshiaki, K. (1992). Application of CFD to the Flow Computation around a Marine Propeller. J. Kansai Soc. N. A., vol. 218, 171-180
12. Watanabe, T., Kawamura, T., Takekoshi, Y., Maeda, M., Rhee,S. H. (2003). Simulation of Steady and Unsteady Cavitation on A Marine Propeller using ARANS CFD Code. in Fifth International Symposium on Cavitation, 1-8
13. Rhee, S. H.Joshi, S. (2005). Computational Validation for Flow around a Marine Propeller Using Unstructured Mesh Based Navier-Stokes Solver. JSME International Journal, vol. 48, no. 3, 562-570
14. Wu, X. (2010). A Rapid Development Process for Marine Propellers Through Design, Simulation and Prototyping. M. Eng Thesis
15. Liu, D. C., Hong, F. W., Zhang, Z. R., Liu, H.(2009). The CFD Analysis of Propeller Sheet cavitation. Ship science and technology
16. Subhas, S., Saji, V. F., Ramakrishna, S., Das, H. N. (2012). CFD Analysis of A Propeller Flow and Cavitation. International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 55, no. 16, 26-33
17. Sun, S., Wang, C.,Zhang, H.(2018). Numerical Prediction Analysis of Propeller Exciting Force for Hull-Propeller-Rudder System in Oblique Flow. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, vol. 10, 69-84, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijnaoe.2017.03.005
18. Troost, L. (1938). Open Water Test series with Modern Propeller Forms. Trans. NECIES, vol. 54
19. Troost, L. (1940). Open Water Test Series with Modern Propeller Forms II, Three Bladed Propellers. Trans. NECIES
20. Troost, L. (1951). Open Water Test Series with Modern Propeller Forms III, Two Bladed and Five Bladed Propellers - Extension of Three and Four Bladed B-Series. Trans. NECIES, vol. 67.
21. Van Lammeren, W. P. A., Van Manen, J. D., Oosterveld, M. W. C. (1969). The Wageningen B-Screw Series. Trans. SNAME.
22. Van Gent, W., Van Oossanen, P. (1973). Influence of Wake on Propeller Loading and Cavitation. in 2nd Lips Propeller-Symposium.
23. Van Oossanen, P. (1974). Calculation of Performance and Cavitation Characteristics of Propellers including Effects of Non-uniform Flow and Viscosity. Ph.D Thesis, Delft University of Technology.
24. BKI. (2018). Rules for Classifi cation and Construction - Rules for Hull. Indonesia Classification Bureau.
25. Gaafary, M. M., El-Kilani, H. S., Moustafa, M. M. (2011). Optimum Design of B-series Marine Propellers. Alexandria Engineering Journal, vol. 50, 13-18, DOI: 10.1016/j.aej.2011.01.001