ONE APPROACH TO COMPACT TESTING OF DIGITAL CIRCUITS
A problem of signature analyzer synthesis with required properties is solved for digital schemes compact testing. The main attention is devoted to the issues of eliminating losses of diagnostic information and to simplicity of structural organization. Solutions are based on detecting all error vectors or matrices resulting from failures of diagnostics objects related to the postulated class. Any other error vectors or matrices can be non-detectable and are excluded from consideration. For the compact testing of separate units of complex digital systems, the problem of synthesis of the generator structure that reproduces an assigned sequence of binary sets is being solved. Increased attention is given to issues of the non-excessive reproduction of sets sequence and structural organization simplicity. The solution is based on the application of a mathematical tool for linear sequence machines. A software implementation of the mathematical model is proposed. Error vectors or matrix detection process visualization aids are given. Additionally, means of the binary sets generation process visualization are presented.
1. Goryashko A.P. Sintez diagnostiruemyh skhem vychislitel'nyh ustrojstv [Synthesis diagnosed circuits computing devices] / A.P. Goryashko. – M.: Nauka [The science], 1987, p. 288.
2. Brglez F., “On Testability Analysis of Combinational Networks,” in Proc. of the International Symp. on Circuits and Systems, May 1984, pp. 220 -225.
3. Khade R., Gourkar S. “Fault Testing of CMOS Integrated Circuits Using Signature Analysis Method,” International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), Vol. 2, Issue 5, May 2013, pp. 73-82.
4. Litikov I.P. Kol'cevoe testirovanie cifrovyh ustrojstv [Circuit testing of digital devices]/ I.P. Litikov.– M.: Energoatomisdat, 1990. p.157.
5. Goessel M., Chakrabarty K., Ocheretnij V. “A Signature Analysis Technique for the Identifi cation of Failing Vectors with Application to Scan-BIST,” Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, vol. 20, 2004, pp. 611–622.
6. David R., “Signature Analysis of Multi-Output Circuits,” in Proc. of the International Fault-Tolerant Computing Symp., June 1984, pp. 366-371.
7. Kinoshita K. and Saluja K.K., "Built-In Testing of Memory Using an On-Chip Compact Testing Scheme, " IEEE Trans. on Computers, vol. C-35, no. 10, Oct. 1986, pp. 862-870.
8. Gill A. Linejnye posledovatel'nostnye mashiny. Analiz, sintez i primenenie [Linear Sequential Circuits. Analysis, Synthesis and Applications]: Per. s angl. / Pod red. [Trans.with Eng./Ed.] Y. Z. Cypkina. – M.: Nauka, 1974, p. 288.
9. Berezkin E.F., "Design of signature analyzer structures with required properties,” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Volume 13, Number 8, 2018, p. 2850-2854.
10. Hassen S.Z. and McCluskey E.J., "Increased Fault Coverage Through Multiple Signatures,” in Proc. of the International Fault-Tolerant Computing Symp., June 1984, pp. 354 -359.
11. Ahmad A, Al-Abri D. Adding pseudo-ran¬dom test sequence generator in the test simulator for DFT approach, Journal of Computer Technology and Applications (JCTA), vol 3(7), 2012, pp. 463–470.
12. Baida I.P., Semerenko V.P., Sintez linejnoj posledovatel'nostnoj mashiny, vosproizvodjashhej zadannuju posledovatel'nost' dvoichnyh naborov [Synthesis of a linear sequential machine that reproduces a given sequence of binary sets]. – Jelektronnoe modelirovanie [Electronic modeling]. 1981, No. 5, pp, 65-70.
13. Daehn W.,Mucha J. Hardware test pattern generation for built-in testing. Intern Test Conf. Philadelphia, 1981, oct., pp.110-113.
14. Berezkin E.F. Nadezhnost' i tekhnicheskaya diagnostika sistem: Uchebnoe posobie [Reliability and technical diagnostics systems: The manual]/ E.F. Berezkin. – M.: NRNU MEPhI, 2012. Ser. Biblioteka jadernogo universiteta [The library of nuclear university], p.244.
15. Lancaster P. and Tismenetsky M., The theory of matrices. New York: Academic Press, 1985, p. 570.