WAY TO ASSESS THE DEVELOPMENT OF MUNICIPAL TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE
Tourism is becoming a key element in the development of the economy of states and regions. Well developed tourism infrastructure is an important determinant of tourism business that can provide a wide range of competitive tourist services, and use the tourist and recreational potential of municipalities and regions without damaging the environment. One of the functions of tourism infrastructure is to build up sufficient material, technical, resource and other conditions for the men’s recovery and recreation as well as to meet the needs of the local population in tourism and recreation. Development and improvement of tourism infrastructure, including its all structural elements (accommodation infrastructure, food infrastructure, leisure and recreation infrastructure, infrastructure of tourist services) contributes to the competitiveness of municipalities on the market of tourism services while attracting and retaining human capital. The objective of the research, the results of which are set forth in this article, addresses the development of a toolkit for assessing the development of municipal tourism infrastructure for diagnosing the territorial development imbalances in the context of municipalities. The work is based on the analysis of the Russian and foreign research literature on the problem under review. The outcomes of the research have scientific and practical significance for scholars who research the issues of the development of regional tourism, public administrations, regional authorities, as well as for representatives of tourism business.
1. Balitskiy, S., Bilan, Y., & Strielkowski, W. 2014. Energy security and economic growth in the European Union // Journal of Security & Sustainability Issues, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 125-132.
2. Blešic, I., Tešanovi´c, D., Psodorov, D. (2011). Consumer satisfaction and quality ´ management in the hospitality industry in South-East Europe. African Journal of Business Management, 5(4), 1388–1396
3. Chiabai, A., Platt, S., Strielkowski, W. 2014. Eliciting users' preferences for cultural heritage and tourism-related e-services: a tale of three European cities // Tourism Economics, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 263- 277. doi: 10.5367/te.2013.0290
4. Jovanović S., Ilić I. Infrastructure as important determinant of tourism development in the countries of Southeast Europe // Ecoforum. [Volume 5, Issue 1 (8), 2016 . P. 288-293.
5. Kałamucka, W., Kałamucki, K. Touristic infrastructure of municipalities in the border section of Bug valley's Dołhobyczów-Włodawa in the context of existing protected areas // Annales - Universitatis Mariae Curie-Sklodowska, Sectio B, 2011. No. 66(2). P. 103-119. DOI: 10.2478/v10066-011-0016-x
6. Kumar A. Existing Tourism Infrastructure and Services in Lahaul Valley of Himachal Pradesh: A Case Study of Hotels / Guest Houses, Home Stays and Travel Agencies // Amity Research Journal of Tourism, Aviation and Hospitality Vol. 01, issue 01, January- June 2016. P. 71-76.
7. Limonina, I.G. Territorial differences of tourist infrastructure potential development in the Leningrad region // Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. 2007. Volume 7. Issue. 2. P. 117-127.
8. Minaev, V.A., Ulyanchenko, L.A., Cyschuk E.A. Evaluation of tourist resources and tourism infrastructure quality in municipalities // Scientific Journal Universities for Tourism and Service Asociation Bulletin. 2015. Vol. 9. No.3. P. 4-13.
9. Narkūnienė, R., Gražulis, V., A rbidane, I. Tourism development conditions in the municipalities of Lithuania and Latvia regions // SBU International Conference Proceedings. 2017. Vol. 5. P. 320-325. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12955/cbup.v5.945
10. Pykhov P.A., Kashina T.O. Infrastructure security of the URAL regions: assessement technigue and diagnostic results // Economy of region, 2015. No. 3. P. 66-77
11. Sever, D. Development Harmonisation of Mountain Resorts Ropeway and Tourist Infrastructures in the Republic of Slovenia // Promet- Traffic- Traffico. 2000. Vol. 12. No.2. P. 121-126.
12. Shulepov V.I., Stepanova S.V. Tourist direction of cross-border regions development of Russia // Journal of Applied Engineering Science, no. 3, Volume 15, year 2017.. P. 323-328. DOI:10.5937/jaes15- 12333
13. Stepanova S.V. Development of tourist infrastructure in the northern border regions of Russia.// Problems of territory's development. 2015 no. 6. P. 214-225.
14. Stepanova, S.V. General Trends and Features of Tourism Infrastructure Development in Russia’s Regions // Moscow University Economics Bulletin, 2016, no 3, P. 68-84.
15. Tabaku E., Cerri S. An assessment of service quality and customer satisfaction in the hotel sector // Tourism and Hospitality Industry. 2016, Congress Proceedings, Р. 480-489.
16. Tampakis S., Manolas E., Tampakis V. Assessing tourist infrastructure in the island OF Skiathos: the views of locals and visitors // Tourismos: an international multidisciplinary journal of tourism Volume 7, Number 1, Spring-Summer 2012, pp. 175-191
17. Tappaskhanova E., Mustafaeva Z. A., Tokmakova R. A., Kudasheva M. Z. Region Tourist and Recreation Complex Development // Economy of region, 2015. № 2 (42). С. 208-219. doi 10.17059/2015-2-17
18. The attractiveness of rural tourism destinations in the Republic of Karelia and Eastern Finland Karhapää- Puhakka S., Suni Ja. (eds.). Joensuu, 2014 №1.p. 81
19. Velichkina, A.V. The assessment of the regional tourism infrastructure development // Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast. 2014. № 2. С. 193-202.
20. Wu H.C., Ko, Y.J. Assessment of Service Quality in the Hotel Industry // Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism. 2013. № 14. Р. 218–244.
21. Zherdev N.V. Razmeshchenie turistskoi infrastruktury i formirovanie rekreatsionnykh potrebnostei naseleniya (na primere Kurskoi oblasti) [Placing of tourist infrastructure and formation of recreational needs of the population (case study of the Kursk Oblast]. Uchenye zapiski: elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal Kurskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Scientific notes: the online academic journal of Kursk State University], 2013, No.2(26). P229-316
22. Kosmanev A. L. Turistskaya infrastruktura v regional'nykh issledovaniyakh [Tourist infrastructure in