A RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS OF THE INTERRELATED DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE WORLD
The article discusses the process of forming scientific and educational centers in a historical context. Science and education have been developed in interconnection since ancient times. Changes in one area have always entailed changes in another. All these transformations were naturally reflected in the architectural and planning appearance of educational objects. Initially, universities did not have their own buildings, and classes were held in rented premises. At the same time, students and teachers tried to settle near the classrooms. Over time, this led to the formation of colleges, university complexes, campuses, and later entire university cities. When considering examples of university complexes in various cities and countries, the main fundamental components of modern scientific and educational centers were highlighted. Based on this, it was concluded that at present the university is a space of education, science and communications, the joint work of researchers, specialists and students.
Author thanks the Rector of the Southwest State University, Doctor of Technical Sciences Yemelyanov S.G.
1. Aldoshin, S.M. (2014) Development of the material and technical base of science as a factor in increasing the effectiveness of scientific research. Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences, № 10, 874 p.
2. Bernal, J.D. (1966) Twenty-Five Years Later. Science of Science, pp. 255-281.
3. Bronevitskaya, A.I. (2007) Research Institute of the period of the construction of communism. Project Russia, № 4, pp.46-48.
4. Puchkov, M.V. (2010) Architecture of university complexes. 170 p.
5. Thaïsa Way (2016) The urban university's hybrid campus, Journal of Landscape Architecture, 11:1, pp. 42-55
6. Rossi F., Goglio V. (2018) Satellite university campuses and economic development in peripheral regions, Studies in Higher Education
7. Dianova-Klokova, I.V., Metaniev, D.A. (2016) Social engineering in the architecture of science and innovation facilities. Academia. Architecture and Construction, № 2, pp. 71-78.
8. Puchkov, M.V. (2011) The principles of designing of a new generation of scientific and educational centers: the architecture of modern teaching technologies. Academia. Architecture and Construction, № 2, pp. 48-51.
9. MohdAnuar, EngkuMasturaEngku; Che Din, Nazli; Hussein, Hazreena (2017) Traffic Noise Influence on Soundscape Quality At Campus Landscape Area. Journal of Design and Built Environment, [S.l.], v. 17, n. 1. pp. 1-17.
10. Dianova-Klokova, I.V. (2012) The space of innovation – issues of architectural design. Architecture and Construction of Russia, № 6, pp.3-19.