REUSING TILING WASTE IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF PAVEMENTS
The factories of tiles manufacturing, ceramics, marble, tile and brick generate an important quantity of waste, their recovery meets economic and environmental objectives. The objective of our research is to study the possibility of the reuse of tile manufacturing waste as aggregates in the construction of pavements. To carry out this experimental study we have made characterization tests on all the materials used. The study investigates the influence of substitution of recycled tarred waste aggregates in mixtures of bituminous gravels with rates of 10, 20 and 30% on mechanical performance (Duriez stability) and compared the results obtained with composite control samples ordinary aggregates (0%). The results obtained show that the introduction of tiling waste into the formulation of a severe bituminous material has a positive influence on the mechanical performance.
1. Bourmatte, N. (2017). Recycled aggregates of substitution in hydraulic concretes. PhD thesis. University of costantine.
2. Boudlal, O., Khattaoui, M., Djemai, M., Medani, M. (2015). Study of the mechanical behavior of a natural aggregates and glass mixture for use in road construction. 22nd French congress of mechanics, Lyon, 1-7.
3. Bendimerad, K.F.A., Zadjaoui, A. (2015). Control of the coating work with high modulus of asphalt concrete: Case of western Algeria.University meeting of civil engineering, Boyonne, France.
4. Cabrera, M.B., Satomi, T., Takahashi, H. (2017). Study on recycling of waste asphalt blocks containing roadbed materials using new screenless separation equipment with a vibration device. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, Vol. 10, 228-244. http://Doi.org/10.1016/j.iiprt.2017.01.006
5. Diop, S., Samb, M., Diome, F., Fall, M. (2015). Materials characterization study of Sindia quarry (western Senegal) for use in road geotechnics. CAMES journal, Vol. 1, n°2, 79-85.
6. Hadidane, H., Oucief, H., Merzoud, M. (2015), Contribution to the improvement of behavior of assize’s layers by the use of demolition debris. 13th Arab structural engineering, University of Blida, Algeria, 1-7.
7. Junod, A., Dumont, A.G. (2004). Formulation and optimization of asphalt formula, Polytechnic school of Lausanne (EPFL), (LAVOC), 1-81.
8. Kara, C., Karacasu, M. (2015). Use of ceramic wastes in road pavement design. Proceedings of the world congress on new technologies. Barcelona, Spain 2015, 226-6.
9. Leite, F.d. C., Motta, R.d.S., Vasconcelos, K.L., Bernucci, L. (2011). Laboratory evaluation of recycled construction and demolition waste for pavements, Construction and Building Materials, Vol 25, 2972–2979. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.11.105
10. Melbouci, B., Sadoun, S., Bilek, A. (2014), Study of strengthening of recycled asphalt concrete by plastic aggregates. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, Vol. 7, n°4, 280-286, Doi: 10.6135 /ijprt .org .tw/2014.7(4) .280
11. Meziani, F., Kahil, A., Gabi, S. (2013). Improvement of mechanical strength of flexible pavements by adding recycled tire aggregates. Communication Science and Technology, Vol. 12, 60-66.
12. Morsli, M., Rahab, K., Bali, A. (2013). Characterization of recycled asphalts. 31th Meeting of the AUGC.E .N.S. Cachan 2013, 1-11.
13. Norme NF P98-251-1. (2002). Essais statiques sur melanges hydrocarbonés, Partie 1: Essai Duriez sur mlanges hydrocarbones a chaud, 1-12.
14. Patel, J.V., Varia, H.R., Mishra, C.B. (2017). Design of bituminous mix with and without partial replacement of waste ceramic tiles material. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Vol. 6, n° 4, 725-755, Doi:10.17577//IJERTV6ISO40640.
15. Rouabah, K., Guetteche, M. N. (2008). Use of blast furnace slags in road construction. Science and Technology, B, n°27, 17-24.
16. Robert, M. 2012. Route: matériaux, durabilite des chaussees, Master 2 genie civil, tome II, UniversitePaul sabatier, Toulouse, 34.