INFLUENCE OF THICKNESS AND GRANULOMETRIC COMPOSITION OF GRANULAR ASPHALT ON ITS STRENGTH CHARACTERISTICS WHEN PLACing INTO THE ROAD PAVEMENT
When performing roadway replacement and reconstruction works, the removal of the road surface by self-propelled
road milling machine is provided. The material obtained during milling (granular asphalt) is used in the base layers
and lower layers of the coating, provided that the strength requirements are met. The effectiveness of the applied
technology in the construction of structural layers of road pavement depends on considering the properties of the
used material and the parameters of the mechanic means during works. We have reviewed the influence of the granulometric
composition and the granular asphalt layer thickness on its strength properties in the construction of road
structures. On the basis of experimental studies, analytical dependences are obtained for calculating the deformation
and compacting factor under the action of the compaction loading of used granular asphalt. We have obtained the
results to calculate the deformation-stress relationship and the dependence of the compacting factor on deformation,
taking into account the granulometric composition and layer thickness. That allows to justify the parameters of compacting
machines to ensure the required quality of compacting of the granular asphalt layer.
1. Zubkov A.F. The technology of construction and repair of non-rigid pavements considering the temperature conditions of asphalt concrete mixtures. Zubkov A.F., Andrianov K.A., Antonov A.I., Odnolco V.G. Tambov: Federal State-Funded Educational Establishment for Higher Education "TSTU ", 2017, 300p.
2. Permyakov V.B. The inflfl uence of operating conditions of the rollers on the intensity of compaction of asphalt mixtures. Permyakov V.B., Belyaev K.B. Stroitel'nye i dorozhnye mashiny [Construction and road equipment], 2007, no. 1, pp.19-22. - bibliogr.:p. 22 (5 names).
3. Zubkov A.F. The impact of work technology on the performance of asphalt concrete pavement. Zubkov A.F., Kupriyanov R.V., Evseev E.U. Mehanizacija stroitel'stva [Construction work mechanization], 2011, no.1, (799). pp.25-29.
4. Zubkov A.F. Determining the temperature of the asphalt mix during the construction of asphalt concrete non-rigid pavement. Scientifific Herald of the Voronezh State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering / A.F. Zubkov, R.V. Kupriyanov, V.A. Luzgachev. Construction and Architecture. 2016, no. 1 (29). pp. 63-74.
5. Kharkhuta N.Y. Theory questions of compaction of pavings. Uplotnenie zemljanogo polotna i dorozhny hodezhd [Compacting of roadbed and pavement], Soyuzdornii, Moscow, 1980. pp.64-71.
6. Alexikov S.V. Comparative assessment of the uniformity of compaction of asphalt concrete pavements of urban roads under various operating conditions of rollers. Alexikov S.V., Ermilov A.A. Nauchnyj vestnik VGASU. Series Construction and architecture. 2014, is. 1 (33). Pp.45-53.
7. Piletsky M.E. Investigation of bitumen-mineral mixture used for patching of pavements by jet-injection method. Piletsky M.E., Zubkov A.F., Andrianov K.A. Stroitel'nye materialy [Construction materials].2017, no. 6.pp. 19-23..
8. Piletsky M.E. Characterization of a bitumen-mineral mixture when placing into a pothole of a pavement by the jet-injection method. Piletsky M.E., Zubkov A.F., Andrianov K.A. Privolzhskij nauchnyj zhurnal, Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (NNSAGU), no. 2, 2018, pp.70-77.
9. Piletsky M.E. Non-rigid coating patching by injection- jet method. Piletsky M.E. Didrikh I.V., Zubkov A.F., Tugolukov E.N. Nauchnyj zhurnal stroitel'stvaiarhitektury VGTU [Scientifific Journal of Construction and Architecture] (Voronezh). 2018, no. 1 (49), pp.80-88.
10. Piletsky, M.E. Pothole maintenance of non-rigid paving surfaces using the injection flflow method. Piletsky M.E., Didrikh I.V., Zubkov A.F Russian Journal of Building Construction and Architecture 2018, no. 2 (38). pp.47-87.
11. Nosov S.V. Development of compaction technologies for road asphalt mixes and soils based on the development of their rheology. Doc. diss: 05.23.11. Nosov S.V. Voronezh, 2013, 366p.
12. Permyakov V.B. Justififi cation of the contact pressure magnitude for compaction of asphalt mixtures. Permyakov V.B., Zakharenko A.V. Stroitel'nye i dorozhnye mashiny [Construction and road equipment], 1989, no. 5, pp.12-13.
13. Aleksikov, S.V. Comparative assessment of uniformity of compaction of asphalt concrete surfaces of city roads at various operating modes of compactors .S.V. Aleksikov, A.A. Yermilov. Scientifific Herald of the Voronezh State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering. Construction and Architecture. 2014, Issue 4 (24). pp. 48-57.
14. Asphaltic compaction methods // Constr West. 1967, 22, no.1. pp. 40-42.
15. Asphalt paving design guide. Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa.1990, 125 p.
16. Asphalt pavement design guide for Low-Volume Roads and Parking Lots .2014, 28 p.
17. Kuprianow, R. Analiza zmian temperatury ukladanych warstw z mieszanek mineralno-asfaltowych w strefifie spoiny podluznej / R. Kuprianow, K. Andrianow, A. Zubkow, A. Plewa // Budownictwa i Inzynierii Srodowiska. 2015, no.3, pp.113-117.
18. Plewa, A. The effect of modifying additives on the consistency and properties of bitumen binders. A. Plewa, P.S. Belyaev, K.A. Andrianov, A.F. Zubkov, V.A. Frolov. Advanced Materials and Technologies. 2016, no. 4, pp. 35-40.
19. Piletsky, M.E. Inflfl uence of the load-carrying capacity of vehicles when performing repair works of road pavements by means of the jet-injection method. Piletsky M.E., Andrianov K.A., Zubkov A.F. Russian Journal of Building Construction and Architecture. 2020, no. 1 (45), pp. 42-54.
20. Senibabnov, S.A. Analysis of normative documentation on the calculation of the strength characteristics of non-rigid road pavement for the permissible elastic deformation. Senibabnov S.A., Andrianov K.А., Zubkov A.F. Russian Journal of Building Construction and Architecture. 2020, no.1 (45), pp. 66-84.
21. A. Kolesnikov, T.Tolmacheva . Ways to Minimize Volume (Weight) and Increase the Bearing Capacity of Rigid Pavement. Civil Engineering Journal. 5(11), 2495-2501
22. Kapustin, V., Khaustov, V., & Kapustin, V. K. . Researches of soilses secondary consolidation. Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 15(3), 339- 344.
23. Gennadyevich, Y. S., Pakhomova, E. G., & Olegovna, D. K. . Reliability of RC frame-braced systems in dangerous geological conditions. Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 17(2), 245-250.