RESEARCH INTO TRUCK TRANSMISSION TORSION VIBRATIONS UNDER LONGITUDINAL ACCELERATION
The development of a modern motor vehicle is aimed at improving the performance in the field of dynamics (both longitudinal
and lateral), economy, safety and ergonomic characteristics. Special attention is paid to passenger comfort.
Torsional oscillations in transmission cause longitudinal vibrations of the vehicle, depending on inertial parameters,
as well as on stiffness and damping of the transmission. Taking into account the complexity of the problem, it is estimated
that it is useful to analyse the impact of the transmission design parameters on the longitudinal (fore and aft)
vibrations of freight motor vehicle. For this purpose, the dynamic simulation method was used, and the analysis of
the influence of certain constructive parameters on the longitudinal oscillations of the vehicle was performed using
the sensitivity function.
Presented results are part of a project financed by the
Serbian Ministry of Education, Science and Technological
Development (Project TR 35045 - "Scientific-Technological
support to Enhancing the Safety of Special
Road and Rail Vehicles", project leader - prof. Dr Vladimir
1. Demic, M. et al. (2002). Some aspects of the investigation of random vibration influence on ride comfort. Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol.1, 253, pp. 109- 129.
2. Demic, M., Lukic, J.(2008). Human Body Under Two-Directional Random Vibration. Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control, vol. 27, no. 3,185-201.
3. Demic, M., Lukic, J.(2009). Investigation of the transmission of fore and aft vibration trough the human body. Applied Ergonomics XXX, pp. 1-8.
4. Griffin, M.J. (1990). Handbook of Human Vibration. Academic Press, London.
5. Demic, M. (1997). Optimization of oscillatory systems of motor vehicles (in Serbian). Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Kragujevac.
6. Grzegorz, L. et al. (2005). Vibration in Gear System. Haos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 16, no. 5, 795-800.
7. Ryzhikov, V.A. et al. (2015). Dynamic Damping Torsional Vibrations in the Transmission of Rear-Wheel Drive and all-Wheel Drive Vehicles. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 10, no. 12, 5334-5337.
8. Kaminski, E. (1983). Vehicle theory (in Polish), Wydawnictwa komunikacji i lacznosci, Warszawa.
9. Sakota, Z.(2005). Impact of drive scheme on longitudinal oscillations of freight motor vehicles (in Serbian). Doctoral thesis, Faculty of Technical Sciences, Novi Sad.
10. Saltelli, A.et al. (2008). Global Sensitivity Analysis: The Primer. John Wiley & Sons.
11. Abe, M., Manning, W. (2009). Vehicle handling Dynamics. Butterworth-Heinemann, Elsevier, Amsterdam, Boston.
12. Ellis, J. R. (1973). Vehicle Dynamics. Business Books, London.
13. Gillespie, T. (1992). Fundamentals of vehicle Dynamics. SAE International, Warrendale.
14. Milliken, W., Milliken, D. (1995), Race Car Vehicle- Dynamics. SAE International, Warrendale.
15. Mitschke, M. (1972). Dynamics of motor vehicles (in German). Springer Verlag, Berlin.
16. Genta, A. (2003). Motor Vehicle Dynamics – Modelling and Simulation. World Scientific Publishing, Singapore.
17. Wang, M. (2002). Design and torsional vibration analysis of a complex vehicle powertrain system test rig. 14th International Conference on vibration Engineering, p. 303-309.
18. Demic, M. Lukic, J.(2010). Motor Vehicle Theory (in Serbian). Monograph, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Kragujevac.
19. Farshidianfar, A. (2011).Optimization of the high-frequency torsional vibration of vehicle driveline systems using genetic algorithms. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K: Journal of Multi-body Dynamics, vol. 216, no. 3, 249-262.
20. Nestorides, E. J. (1958). A handbook on torsional vibration. University Press, Cambridge.
21. Pars, L. (1971). A Treatise an Analitic Dynamics. Heinemann, London.
22. Mondal, S.P. Roy, S. Das, B. Mahata, A. Numerical Solution of First Order Linear Differential Equations in Fuzzy Environment by Modifi ed Runge-Kutta Method and Runga-Kutta-Merson-Method under generalized H-differentiability and its Application in Industry. International Journal of Differential Equations. Preprints 2017, 2017120119 (doi: 10.20944/ preprints201712.0119.v1).
23. Bendat J. S. and Piersol A.G. (2010). Random Data- Analysis and Measurement Procedures (4th ed.), John Wiley & Sons Inc., Hoboken.
24. Fan, J. (1994).Theoretical and experimental studies on Laeng's oscillations of PKV (Bucking). Doctoral dissertation, TU Braunschweig.