This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 18 article 715 pages: 467 - 474
The observed instability of the oil and gas market makes it necessary to intensify the exploratory scientific research
for the development of advanced and inexpensive pumping and compressor equipment intended for oil and gas
production and treatment. The ongoing research work is being undertaken with a view to modernize well-known
technical solutions and develop new scientific principles for gas compression with the use of labyrinth compressors.
From the published materials, it became known that when designing labyrinth pumps, the screw auger on the pump
rotor can be replaced with a set of vane wheels. This design approach should be transferred from the field of pumping
technology to the field of compressor technology as well. At the initial stage of such research microlevel models
of new turbo compressors have been developed to test their performance. Further, was made the transition from the
low-cost physical experiments with micro-level models to a deeper study of the working process for the basic model
of the compressor with the screw rotor. 3D-model development was carried out with the use of the Solid Works 3D
CAD-system. In order to undertake a calculation study, the Flo EFD software package of computational fluid dynamics
developed by Mentor Graphics Corporation has been used. The results of the research findings can be used for
the development of energy-efficient technologies for the compression and pumping of various gases. The development
of cheaper and more economical pump-compressor units will allow for the solution of urgent hydrocarbon
exploration and production problems in abnormal operating conditions. Based on similar compressor units, there is
a possibility to develop other sectors of science and technology as well.
1. Falk, K.L. (2014). US Patent No. 8,863,827 B2. Jet pump for use with a multi-string tubing system and method of using the same for well clean out and testing.
2. Misselbrook, J.G. (2007). US Patent Application Publication No. 2007/0187111 A1. Apparatus and method for dewatering low pressure gradient gas wells.
3. Lea, J.F., Winkler, H.W. (2010). What’s new in artificial lift. Part 1. Introducing developments in natural gas well dewatering. World Oil; March 2010, 51–59.
4. Brink, M. (2014). Jet pump technology for artificial lift in oil and gas production. The Elomatic Magazine, 1, 40–43.
5. Singh, M.K., Prasad, D., Singh, A.K., Jha, M., Tandon, R. (2013). SPE 166077-MS. Large Scale Jet Pump Performance Optimization in a Viscous Oil Field. SPE, Cairn India Ltd. Copyright 2013, Society of Petroleum Engineers. Technical Conference and Exhibition held in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 30 September – 2 October 2013.
6. Morishima, S. (2008). US Patent No. 7,438,535. Structure of ejector pump.
7. Castel, Y. (1996). US Patent No. 5,575,625. Multiphase pump with sequential jets.
8. Castel, Y. (1997). US Patent No. 5,616,006. Pumping method and device with sequential jets.
9. Castel, Y. (1998). US Patent No. 5,716,196. Pumping method and device with sequential jets.
10. Mokhov, M.A., Sazonov, Yu.A., Frankov, M.A., Tumanyan, Kh.A., and Kruglov, S.V. (2019). Development and Research of a Multi-Phase Pump for Oil and Gas Production at a High Content of Mechanical Impurities in the Flow. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 16(7), 2815–2821.
11. Mokhov, M.A., Sazonov, Yu.A., Frankov, M.A., Tumanyan, Kh.A., Kruglov, S.V., and Muradov, A.V. (2019). Development and Research of Multi-Phase Reversible Pump. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 16(7), 3007–3012.
12. Mokhov, M.A., Sazonov, Yu.A., Mulenko, V.V., Frankov, M.A., Tumanyan, Kh.A., Timoshenko, V.G., and Kruglov, S.V. (2019). Development of Pumping Equipment for Oil and Gas Production in Complicated Conditions. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 16(11), 4573–4578.
13. Sazonov, Yu.A., Mokhov, M.A., Tumanyan, Kh.A., Frankov, M.A., and Markelov, S.I. (2019). Development of an automated compressor unit for gas compression at the periodic connection of an ejector. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 16(12), 5378–5383.
14. Sazonov, Yu.A., Mokhov, M.A. (2016). Developing a Hydraulic Machine for Effective Use of Reservoir Energy in Offshore Production. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(29), 1–6.
15. Sazonov, Yu.A., Mokhov, M.A., and Tumanyan, Kh.A. (2016). Developing Special Turbine for Rational Utilization of Reservoir Energy of Hydrocarbon Deposits. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(42), 1–7.
16. Bilotserkovskiy, S.M., Odnovol, L.A., Safi n, Yu.Z., Tyulenev, A.I., Frolov, V.P., Shitov, V.A. (1985). Gridlike wings. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering.
17. Sobachkin, A., Dumnov, G. (2013). Numerical Basis of CAD-Embedded CFD. NAFEMS World Congress.
18. Zotov, B.N. (2014). Calculation of screw auger characteristics of constant and variable pitch for centrifugal pumps. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering.
19. Zotov, B.N. (2006). Investigation of the inverse currents in the pumps and the methodology of the axial-vortex-fl ow stage characteristics calculation. Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, 5, 30–32.
20. Zotov, B.N. (2007). Calculation methodology of the axial-vortex-fl ow pump characteristics. Heavy engineering, 3, 5–6.
21. Ankudinov, A.A., Kirillov, A.A. (2009). Computer-assisted design of the pump axial-vortex-fl ow stage: a training manual. Moscow: Publishing House of the N.E. Bauman Moscow State Technical University.
22. Zheng, S., Yang, L. (2017). Numerical Experiments of Dynamic Response of Buried Gas Pipeline under the Action of Seismic Waves Induced by Tunnel Blasting. Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, 52(2). http://jsju.org/index.php/journal/article/ view/29
23. Liu, Z., Li, L., Han, Z., Pan, J., Ding, Y. (2016). Current Following Segmented PID Control of Air Supply System in Heavy-Duty PEMFC System. Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, 51(3). http://jsju.org/ index.php/journal/article/view/120
24. Bukhtoyarov, V.V., Tynchenko, V.S., Petrovskiy, E.A., Buryukin, F.A. (2019). Comparative Analysis of Methods for Simulating the Well Operation with Electric Submersible Pump Installations. Periódico Tchê Química, 16(32), 621–632.
25. Da Silva, F.N., Da Cunha, J.D., Barbosa, A.F.F., Da Silva, D.R. (2014). Evolution of the Column Fouling Production in Wells Producing Oil and Gas: Case Study. Periódico Tche Quimica, 11(22), 64–70.