This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 19 article 760 pages: 30 - 36
Assessing the grip of the road surface is an extremely important task both in the field of traffic management, and in
the field of investigation and examination of traffic accidents. The coupling quality of the road surface is fully ensured
by the coefficient of friction, which is subject to constant monitoring in order to ensure road safety. There are a large
number of methods for determining the magnitude of the coefficient of friction. In their study, the authors propose an
improved approach for determining the investigated value using the weather and climate factor. Previously, a group
of researchers in the course of scientific research determined the dependence of the coefficient of friction on the temperature
of the road surface, as a result of mathematical analysis, the authors obtained a dependence that allows to
determine the studied value by air temperature and the condition of the road surface (presence of precipitation). The
performed experiment allowed us to test the obtained dependence within the framework of the object of study and to
make a comparative assessment of the results obtained with the data obtained using the road laboratory.
1. Gelinne, D. (2017) Foundations of Road Safety. Carter, D. (Eds.), Road Safety Fundamentals: Concepts, Strategies, and Practices that Reduce Fatalities and Injuries on the Road. U.S. Department of Transportation. Federal Highway Administration, p. 188.
2. Evtiukov, S., Kurakina, E., Lukinskiy V., Ushakov, A. (2017). Methods of Accident Reconstruction and Investigation Given the Parameters of Vehicle Condition and Road Environment. Transportation Research Procedia, vol. 20, 185-192, DOI: 10.1016/j. trpro.2017.01.049
3. Ni, D. (2015) Traffic Flow Theory: Characteristics, Experimental Methods, and Numerical Techniques. Butterworth-Heinemann.
4. Novikov, A., Novikov, I., Shevtsova, A. (2018) Study of the impact of type and condition of the road surface on parameters of signalized intersection. Transportation Research Procedia, vol. 36, 548-555, DOI: 10.1016/j.trpro.2018.12.154
5. Novikov, A., Novikov, I., Shevtsova, A. (2019) Modeling of traffic-light signalization depending on the quality of traffic flow in the city. Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 17 (2), 175-181, DOI 10.5937/ jaes17-18117
6. GOST 33078-2014 (2016) General use automobile roads. Methods of measuring friction of vehicle wheel with the road surface. Moscow: Standardinform.
7. Shamraev, L., Borodin, K. (2015) New device EGMD- 2 for measuring the coefficient of adhesion according to GOST 33078-2014. Dorozhniki, 5 (5), 52-57
8. Ivanov, R., Rusev, R., Ilchev, P. (2006) Laboratory investigation of tyre sliding coefficient of friction. Transport, 21 (3), 172-181, DOI 10.3846/16484142.2006.9638062
9. Veyukov, E., Fedorov, I. (2015) Development of a laboratory installation for studying the coefficient of adhesion of a car wheel with a road surface. Proceedings of the Volga state technological University. Series: Technological, Vol. 3, 177-180.
10. Kovalchuk, V. (1972) Operation and repair of automobile tires. Moscow: Transport publishing house.
11. Warner, C., Smith, G., James, M., Tabelle G. (1975) A.1: SAE 830612: Germane: Friction Applications in Accident Reconstructions. Reference: Traffic Accident Investigation Manual, Northwestern University, Evanston, I.U.
12. Choi, S., Bang, J., Cho, M., Lee, Y. (2002) Slidingmode control for anti-lock brake system of passenger vehicles featuring electrorheological valves. Automobile Engineering, vol. 216 (11), 897-900, DOI 10.1243/095440702321031441
13. Kurakina, E., Evtukov, S. (2020) Impact of static and dynamic loads of vehicles on pavement. E3S Web of Conferences, vol. 164, 03025, DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/ 202016403025
14. Glagolev, S., Shevtsova, A., Shekhovtsova, S. (2018) Basis for application of new-generation anti- icing materials as an efficient way to reduce the accident rate on roads in winter. Transportation Research Procedia, vol. 36, 193-198, DOI: 10.1016/j. trpro.2018.12.063
15. Samodurova, T., Fedorova, J., Gladysheva, O. (2010) Modeling pollution on a roadside strip during winter period International. Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, vol. 3 (2), 65-71.
16. Samodurova, T. (2003) Meteorological support of winter maintenance of highways. Moscow: TIMR.
17. Teltaev, B., Kaganovich, E., Izmailova, T. (2008) Accounting for climatic operating conditions when choosing bitumen for asphalt concrete mixes. Science and technology in the road industry, vol. 2, 17- 20.
18. Teltaev, B., Suppes, E. (2018) Temperature in pavement and subgrade and its effect on moisture. Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, vol. 13, 100363, DOI: 10.1016/j.csite.2018.11.014
19. Belyakov, V., Molev, Yu., Vakhidov U. (2007) Influence of traffic intensity on the temperature regime of the automobile road. Bulletin of the Bauman Moscow state technical University. Ser. Engineering, vol. 3, 79-90.
20. Botvineva, N., Burlakova, I., Streltsova, T., Nesterchuk A. (2013) Investigation of the influence of weather conditions on the value of the coefficient of adhesion of tires with road surface. Fundamental research, vol. 11 (3), 407-411
21. Building rules SP 131.13330.2012 Building climatology (Building climatology)
22. Kovalev, Ya. (1966) Road and climate zoning of the territory of the USSR for the construction of asphalt concrete coatings. Application of local materials in road construction of the BSSR: collection of articles. Moscow: Transport, 64-71
23. Goretsky, L.I. (1965) Theory and calculation of cement- concrete coatings on temperature effects. Moscow: Transport, 284.
24. Superpave Performance Graded Asphalt Binder Specification and Testing (1997) Asphalt Institute Superpave (SP-1), 67.
25. Kiryukhin, G.N. (2014) For operation temperatures of the asphalt concrete pavements of highways. Roads and bridges, vol. 30, 309-328.
26. Novikov, A., Glagolev, S., Novikov, I., Shevtsova, A. (2019) Information technologies and management of transport systems development of the approach to assessing adaptation of the intersection transport model. IOP Conference Series Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 632, 012052, DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/632/1/012052
27. Dorokhin, S., Novikov, A., Zelikov, V., Strukov, Y., Novikov, I. Shevtsova, A., Likhachev, D. (2018) Investigation of methods for calculating duration of light signal regulation cycle. Journal of Physics Conference Series vol. 1015(3), 032128, DOI: 10.1088/1742- 6596/1015/3/032128