This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 19 article 770 pages: 114 -118
Effectiveness of economic development of logging industry is impossible without scientifically grounded strategies of
formation of perspective technological logging processes with complex use of the total biomass of harvested trees.
Degree of utilization of wood biomass is to be considered the most important principle of progressive logging technology.
One of the main tasks of the national logging complex is the use of low-grade wood, lumpy wood waste, top
of trees, twigs and branches, which will significantly improve efficiency of logging. To solve this problem, this article
reviews the process of modeling of work of sorting and transportation machine designed for loading, sorting and
transportation of felling residues to timber road. The technological scheme also provides cutting waste with knife for
sorting by size. The study provides a detailed technological scheme of logging operations using forwarders with a
removable body for loading, sorting and transportation of felling residues. The body of the forwarder is divided into
compartments for transportation of waste with different parameters. The information and logical model of the process
of collection, sorting and transportation of felling residue, which is proposed by machine, was offered. The formula for
calculating the performance of operation of the sorting and transportation machine was obtained. Sorting according
to species and types of felling residues is necessary for the production of fuel and technological wood chips for further
use in production of valuable commercial products.
The reported study was funded by Russian Foundation
for Basic Research, Government of Krasnoyarsk Territory,
Krasnoyarsk Regional Fund of Science, to the research
project: «Research and modeling of economic
development of the forest industry in the region in the
context of climatic conditions and resource potential»,
grant No. 18-410-240003, The project «Development
and implementation of effective technology for integrated
processing of logging residue» was funded by Krasnoyarsk
Regional Fund of Science.
1. Bezrukih Yu. A., Medvedev S. O., Alashkevich Yu. D., Mokhirev A. P. (2014). Rational nature resource management in the conditions of sustainable development of the economy of industrial enterprises of the timber complex. Economics and Enterprise. No. 12-2. pp. 994-996.
2. Mokhirev, A., Zyryanov, M., Ryabova, T., & Vititnev, A. . Evaluation of possibility of obtaining woodchips from wood residues. Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 17(2), 140-143.
3. Vasiliev S. B., Piatkin V. I., Shegelman I. R. (2001). Technique and technology for production of chips in the timber industry: monograph. - Petrozavodsk: Publ. by Petrozavodsk State University. P. 100.
4. Gerasimov Y., Senko S., T. Karjalainen (2013). Nordic forest energy solutions in the Republic of Karelia. Forests. No. 4. 945-967.
5. Karha K. (2007). Production and Use of Wood Chips: Improving Supply Chains. Wood Energy UNECE/ FAO Workshop, Belgrade, Serbia. р. 68.
6. Heikkila J., Tanttu J. V., Lindblad J., Siren M., Asikainen A. (2006). Harvesting alternatives and cost factors of delimbed energy wood Metsanduslikud Laitila, Uurimused - Forestry Studies. No. 45. 49-56.
7. T. Karjalainen, A. Asikainen, J. Ilavsky, R. Zamboni, K-E. Hotari, D. Röser (2004). Estimation of Energy Wood Potential in Europe. Working Papers of the Finnish Forest Research Institute. 43.
8. Mikhaylov K.L., Gushchin V.A., Tarakanov A.M. (2016) Collection and Processing of Logging Residual and Firewood in a Felling Area. Lesnoy zhurnal (Forestry journal), no. 6, pp. 98–109. DOI: 10.17238/ issn0536-1036.2016.6.98
9. Vaatainen K. (2007). Wood fuel procurement methods and logistics in Finland. Wood fuel production for small scale use. University Eberswalde. Р. 28.
10. Helmisaari H.S., Hanssen K.H., Jacobson S., Kukkola M., Luiro J., Saarsalmi A., Tamminen P., Tveite B. (2011) Logging Residue Removal after Thinning in Nordic Boreal Forests: Long-Term Impact on Tree Growth. Forest Ecology and Management, 2011, vol. 261, no. 11, pp. 1919–1927.
11. Victor D., Yueh L. (2010) The New Energy Order. Foreign Affairs, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 61–73.
12. Heift R. (2000). Wykorzystanie odpadow pochadzenia roslirmego do celow energetycznych. Recuklace odpadu TV, VSB TU Ostrava. 165 - 173.
13. Mohirev A.P., Zyryanov M. A. (2015). The technology of logging operations with sorting of logging residuals. Systems. Methods. Technology. No. 3. 118-122.
14. Mokhirev A. P., Mammatov V. O., Urazaev A. P. (2015). Modeling of the technological process of work of logging machines. International Scientific Research. No. 3 (24). 72-74.
15. Sukhanov Yu. V., Gerasimov Yu. Yu., Seliverstov A. A., Sokolov A. P. (2011). Technological chains and systems of machines for collecting and recycling of wood biomass into fuel chips during continuous logging in assortments. Systems. Methods Technology. No. 4. 101-107.
16. Smirnov, M., Shirnin, Y., Shirnin, A., & Andrianov, Y. . Research into the process of loading wood assortments by a tractor-mounted hydraulic manipulator of a tractor-trailer train. Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 17(3), 373-378.
17. Mokhirev A. P. (2016). Modeling of the process of operation of the machine for sorting and transportation of logging residues at the logging area. System. Methods. Technology. No. 1 (29). P. 89-94. DOI: 10.18324/2077-5415-2016-1-89-94
18. Rukomoynikov K. P. (2013). Simulation modelling of mutually agreed work of sets of adaptive modular timber machines. Bulletin of the MSFU “Forest Bulletin”. No. 3 (95). P. 154-159.