This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 19 article 848 pages: 742-748
A method is proposed to reduce dust formation from technological roads during open pit mining. It is suggested to use a solution based on flaxseed cake, instead of only water, for irrigation the technological roads. It can wet the roads more efficiently. The frequency of watering can be significantly decreased, thereby the employees working time can be optimized to reduce harmful effects on health. The costs for oil and fuel also will be decreased. The calculation of costs included the cost of labor, electricity, fuel for the sprinkler, repairs, depreciation and others. Also, a SWOT analysis of the project was performed to justify possible risks, including economic ones, associated with the implementation and application of the proposed method. It was calculated, an economic effect can be achieved in amount of about 1.5 million rubles per year at the Alexeevsky enterprise.
1. Ilyashenko, I. S., Kovshov, S. V., & Navitskaite, E. A. (2019). Assessment of the Aerotechnogenic Situation in the City of St. Petersburg Based on Instrumental Measurements of air Dustiness and Computer Modeling of its Distribution. Journal of Ecological Engineering, vol. 20, no. 4, 150-156, DOI: 10.12911/22998993/102808
2. Kazanin, O., Sidorenko, A., Koteleva, N., & Belova, D. (2020). An assessment of the impact of longwall panel width on the height of complete groundwater drainage in underground thick coal seam mining. Test Engineering and Management, vol. 83, 5568-5572.
3. Trushko, V.L., Trushko, O.V., & Potemkin, D.A. (2018b). Efficiency increase in mining of highgrade iron ore deposits with soft ores. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, vol. 9, no. 3, 1038-1045.
4. Trushko, O. V., Potemkin, D. A., & Popov, M. G. (2018a). Ensuring sustainability of mining workings in development of ore deposits in complex geological conditions. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 13, no. 7, 2594-2601.
5. Ivanov, A. V., & Strizhenok, A. V. (2018). Monitoring and reducing the negative impact of halite dumps on the environment. Pollution Research, vol. 37, no. 1, 51-55.
6. Strizhenok, A. V., & Ivanov, A. V. (2017). Ecological assessment of the current state of environmental components on the territory of the impact of cement production industry. Journal of Ecological Engineering, vol. 18, no.6, 160-165, DOI: 10.12911/22998993/76850
7. Nikolaev A.V., & Tsaplin, A.I. (2017). Heating system for water for mine heating unit. Gornyi Zhurnal, vol. 6, 83-85.
8. Zakirov, D.G., Mukhamedshin, M.A., Faizrakhmanov, R.A., & Nikolaev, A.V. (2018). Potentiality of energy and ecological efficiency enhancement in mines in the West Ural. Gornyi Zhurnal, vol. 6, 49-52.
9. Ma, Y., Zhou, G., Ding, J., Li, S., & Wang, G. (2018). Preparation and characterization of an agglomeration-cementing agent for dust suppression in open pit coal mining. Cellulose, vol. 25, no. 7, 4011-4029, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10570-018-1826-z
10. Zhou, G., Fan, T., Xu, M., Qiu, H., Wang, J., & Qiu, L. (2018). The development and characterization of a novel coagulant for dust suppression in open-cast coal mines. Adsorption Science & Technology, vol. 36, no. 1-2, 608-624, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177%2F0263617417711025
11. Fan, T., Zhou, G., & Wang, J. (2018). Preparation and characterization of a wetting-agglomeration-based hybrid coal dust suppressant. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, vol. 113, 282-291, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2017.10.023
12. Zhang, H., Nie, W., Yan, J., Bao, Q., Wang, H., Jin, H., Peng, H., Chen, D., Liu, Z., & Liu, Q. (2020). Preparation and performance study of a novel polymeric spraying dust suppression agent with enhanced wetting and coagulation properties for coal mine. Powder Technology, vol. 364, 901-914, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2019.10.082
13. Jin, H., Nie, W., Zhang, H., Liu, Y., Bao, Q., Wang, H., & Huang, D. (2019). Preparation and characterization of a novel environmentally friendly coal dust suppressant. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 136, no. 17, 47354, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/app.47354
14. Flax Seeds Market - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020 - 2025). The report on Flaxseed Market. Mordor Intelligence. Available at: https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/flaxseeds-market (accessed 28.11.2020).
15. Russia has become a leader in oilseed flax export (2020). Made in Russia. News. 2020-05-15. Available at: https://madeinrussia.ru/en/news/1654 (accessed 28.11.2020).
16. Shim, Y. Y., Olivia, C. M., Liu, J., Boonen, R., Shen, J., & Reaney, M. J. (2016). Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside and cyanogenic glycosides in gluten-free bread fortified with flaxseed meal. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 64, no. 50, 9551-9558, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jafc.6b03962
17. Wu, S., Wang, X., Qi, W., & Guo, Q. (2019). Bioactive protein/peptides of flaxseed: A review. Trends in Food Science & Technology, vol. 92, 184-193, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2019.08.017
18. Bekhit, A. E. D. A., Shavandi, A., Jodjaja, T., Birch, J., Teh, S., Ahmed, I. A. M., Al-Juhaimi, F.Y., Saeedi, P., & Bekhit, A. A. (2018). Flaxseed: Composition, detoxification, utilization, and opportunities. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, vol. 13, 129-152, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bcab.2017.11.017
19. Eurocement group. Official site. Available at: https://www.eurocement.ru/cntnt/eng10/our_compan2.html (accessed 01.05.2021).
20. Cembureau. The European Cement Association. Official site. Available at: https://cembureau.eu/about-our-industry/key-facts-figures/ (accessed 01.05.2021)
21. Van den Bosch, M., & Sang, Å. O. (2017). Urban natural environments as nature-based solutions for improved public health–A systematic review of reviews. Environmental research, vol. 158, 373-384, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2017.05.040
22. Raymond, C. M., Frantzeskaki, N., Kabisch, N., Berry, P., Breil, M., Nita, M. R., Geneletti, D., & Calfapietra, C. (2017). A framework for assessing and implementing the co-benefits of nature-based solutions in urban areas. Environmental Science & Policy, vol. 77, 15-24, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2017.07.008
23. Maes, J., & Jacobs, S. (2017). Nature‐based solutions for Europe's sustainable development. Conservation letters, vol. 10, no. 1, 121-124, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/conl.12216
24. Katsubin, A.V., Kovshov, S.V., Ilyashenko, I.S., & Marinina, V.M. (2020). Study of organic compounds for reduction of the aerotechnogenic load from the coal mines highways. Bezopasnost' Truda v Promyshlennosti, vol. 1, 63-67.
25. Motorservice (2019). Oil consumption and oil loss. Ed. by Motorservice, Technical Market Support. URL: https://cdn2.ms-motorservice.com/fileadmin/media/MAM/PDF_Assets/Oil-consumption-and-oil-loss_51747.pdf