This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 19 article 891 pages: 1099-1107
The problems of improving the technology aimed at reducing the volume of associated water production and increasing oil recovery from partially flooded deposits is very urgent. This paper discusses topical problems of further effective development of depleted oil fields to increase their final oil recovery on the example of the oil field in Western Kazakhstan. The methods of bottomhole zone treatment implement a deflecting effect on filtration flows. Therefore, this method includes a wide range of geological and technical measures: down-spacing; water production restraining; conformance control of injectivity profiles; forced production; all types of mechanical, thermochemical and thermal technologies. Geological and statistical models are proposed for diagnosing wells for a premature increase of water production using factor analysis calculations for base production and Hall plots. The degree of temperature influence of the primary components of the compounds on the rheology, filtration characteristics, and stability of inverted emulsions was determined. The classification of oil loss factors was carried out based on the results of downhole analysis and oil production losses were determined. Geological and statistical models for well diagnostics for premature increase in water production were built using factor analysis calculations for base production and Hall plots.
1. Yakupov, R.F., Mukhametshin, V.S., Khakimzyanov, I.N., Trofimov, V.E. (2019). Optimization of reserve production from water oil zones of D3ps horizon of Shkapovsky oil field by means of horizontal wells. Georesursy, vol. 21, no. 3, 55-61. DOI: 10.18599/grs.2019.3.55-61
2. Mukhametshin, V.V. (2018). Rationale for trends in increasing oil reserves depletion in western Siberia cretaceous deposits based on targets identification. Bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University, Geo Assets Engineering, vol. 329, no. 5, 117-124.
3. Yakupov, R.F., Mukhametshin, V.Sh., Zejgman, Yu.V., Chervyakova, A.N., Valeev, M.D. (2017). Metamorphic aureole development technique in terms of Tuymazinskoye oil field. Neftyanoe Khozyaystvo – Oil Industry, vol. 10, 36-40. DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2017-10-36-40
4. Du, H., Guo, H. (2020). Experimental study on horizontal well imaging logging based on oil and water two-phase fluid. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, vol. 29, no. 12, 10847-10854.
5. Cazarez-Candia, O., Piedra-González, S. (2017). Modeling of heavy oil-water core-annular upward flow in vertical pipes using the two-fluid model. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 150, 146-153. DOI: 10.1016/j.petrol.2016.12.004
6. Manichand, R., Mogollón, J.L., Bergwijn, S., Graanoogst, F., Ramdajal, R. (2010). Preliminary assessment of Tambaredjo heavy oilfield polymer flooding pilot test. SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference Proceedings, vol. 1, 548-561.
7. Moe Soe Let, K.P., Manichand, R.N., Seright, R.S. (2012). Polymer flooding a ~500-cp oil. SPE – DOE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium Proceedings, vol. 2, 1670-1682.
8. Chusteev, R.V. (2017). Influence of flow diverting technologies on water cut of oil wells in the Vankor field. Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk.
9. Delamaide, E., Zaitoun, A., Renard, G., Tabary, R. (2013). Pelican lake field: first successful application of polymer flooding in heavy oil reservoir. Society of Petroleum Engineers, vol. 17, article number 3.
10. Zhou, W., Zhang, J., Han, M., Xiang, W., Feng, G., Jiang, W., Sun, F., Zhou, S., Guo, Y., Ye, Z. (2007). Application of hydrophobically associating water-soluble polymer for polymer flooding in China offshore heavy oilfield. International Petroleum Technology Conference 2007, vol. 3, 1449-1453.
11. Kang, X., Zhang, J. (2013). Offshore heavy oil polymer flooding test in JZW area. Society of Petroleum Engineers – SPE Heavy Oil Conference Canada 2013, vol. 2, 1127-1134.
12. Delamaide, E. (2014). Polymer flooding of heavy oil – from screening to full-filed extension. https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-171105-MS
13. Sheng, J.J., Leonhardt, B., Azri, N. (2015). Status of polymer-flooding technology. Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, vol. 54, no. 2, 116-126.
14. Wassmuth, F.R., Green, K., Hodgins, L., Turta, A.T. (2007). Polymer flood technology for heavy oil recovery. Canadian International Petroleum Conference 2007. https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/PETSOC-2007-182
15. Azga, X., Settari, E. (1982). Mathematical modeling of reservoir systems. Nedra, Moscow.
16. Akulshin, A.L. (2000). Investigation of oil displacement from a fractured-porous reservoir using the Polycar polymer. Oil Industry, vol. 1, 36-38.
17. Amelin, I.D., Subbotina, E.V. (1986). Features of the development of oil deposits with carbonate reservoirs. Oilfield Business: Overview Information, vol. 8, no. 115, 45-52.
18. Amelin, I.D., Andriasov, R.S., Gimatudinov, Sh.K. (1978). Operation and technology for the development of oil and gas fields. Nedra, Moscow.
19. Amelin, I.D., Davydov, A.V., Lebedinets, N.P. (1991). Analysis of the development of oil deposits in fractured reservoirs. CMEA, Moscow.
20. Amelin, I.D., Surguchev, M.L., Davydov, A.V. (1994). The forecast for the development of a late stage oil reservoir. Nedra, Moscow.
21. Bagrintseva, K.I. (1982). Fissured sedimentary rocks. Nedra, Moscow.
22. Balakin, V.V., Vlasov, S.A., Fomin, A.V. (1998). Modeling polymer flooding of a layered heterogeneous reservoir. Oil Industry, vol. 1, 47-48.
23. Fattakhov, I.G., Kadyrov, R.R., Galushka A.S. (2014). Isolation of water production in wells through the use of gel-forming compositions. Contemporary Problems of Science and Education. https://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=16995
24. Walcott, D. (2001). Applied waterflood field development. YUKOS, Moscow.
25. Dubinsky, G.S., Andreev, V.E., Akchurin, Kh.I., Kotenev, Yu.A. (2012). Development of technologies for limiting water inflow into production wells. Georesources, Geoenergy, Geopolitics, vol. 1, no. 5, 25-36.