This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY 4.0
Volume 20 article 935 pages: 321-330
The main idea of this paper is to present the modeling and simulation of an individual 5DOF degrees of freedom robotic arm. The main axis of the modeling design will be up to the branch of science that makes up Mechatronics. The methods that have been used for the 3D model construction are presented as well as the methods for the simulation. The kinematics problem for the robot system under study is elaborated. Both forward and inverse kinematics is addressed in detail. The CAD model design is also presented. The model parameters are defined for the 3D model and the parameters are used as a base to diverge for the real system. thanks to CAD model translation to SimMechanics model, there is no need for the dynamic equations of motion derivation. The model in SimMechanics is adjusted properly for the trajectory tracking simulation. Several simulations are presented to validate the kinematics solution and the dynamics requirements for the motion. The results presented in the article shows the effectivity of the new softwares in modeling and control of engineering systems.
1. Song, D., Zheng, L., Wang, L., Qi, W., Li,Y. (2009). The co-simulation of humanoid robot based on Solidworks, Adams and Simulink. In: Progress in Robotics. FIRA 2009. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 44. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-03986-7_2
2. Zarghani, N. (2009). Modeling and simulation of an active robotic device for flexible needle insertion. MSc thesis, National University of Singapore.
3. Gouasmi, M., Ouali, M., Fernini, B., Meghatria, M. (2012). Kinematic modelling and simulation of a 2-r robot using solidworks and verification by MatLab/Simulink. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. DOI:10.5772/50203
4. Fedák, V., Ďurovský, F., Üveges, R. (2014). Analysis of robotic system motion in SimMechanics and matlab gui environment. MATLAB Applications for the Practical Engineer, Kelly Bennett. IntechOpen, DOI: 10.5772/58371. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/46873
5. Youcef, Z.Y., Adel, M., Hamza, S. (2015). Dynamic and kinematic simulation of kawasaki manipulator industrial robot using Solidworks and MatLab SimMechanics. Proceedings of the European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, pp. 46-51.
6. Tang, Y., Li, X. (2018). Simulation research of manipulator control system based on Solidworks and SimMechanics. Academic Journal of Computing and Information Science, 1(1); 19-27. DOI: 10.25236/AJCIS.010003.
7. Zatopek, J., Ek, Z., Machado, J.A., & Sousa, J. (2018). Dynamic simulation of the CAD model in SimMechanics with multiple uses. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, 26, 1278-1290. DOI:10.3906/elk-1712-217
8. AZHAR, M. W. (2019). Kinematics modelling of robot manipulator using solidworks. MSc thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering Faculty of Engineering, Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta.
9. Craig, J. (2018). Introduction to robotics - mechanics and control. Pearson, USA.
10. Corke, P. (2017) Robotics, Vision and Control Fundamental algorithms in MATLAB. Springer International Publishing, Germany.
11. Kurowski, P. (2021). Engineering analysis with Solidworks simulation. SDC Publications, USA.
12. Dung, L.T., Kang, H., Ro, Y. (2010). Robot manipulator modeling in MatLab-SimMechanics with PD control and online gravity compensation. International Forum on Strategic Technology/ Engineering, pp. 446-449.
13. Russell, K., Shen, Q., Sodhi, R.S. (2018). Kinematics and dynamics of mechanical systems implementation in MATLAB® and SimMechanics (2nd ed.). CRC Press. DOI:10.1201/9780429506253.
14. Gao, Q., liu, J., liu, Y., tian, X., (2019). Research on admittance control simulation based on SimMechanics. International Conference on Informatics, Control and Automation ICA 2019, pp. 155-159.