Volume 5 number 17, pages: 51 - 55
Basic characteristics of the efficient waste management system comprise wide scale of measures for the improvement and facilitate the prevention of the waste generation at the source, separate collection, recycling and other methods of recovering material from waste and reliable and environmentally sound and sustainable final waste deposition. To achieve sustainable and efficient waste management, management plan should consist' technical consideration for the formulating of special objectives and the implementation of corresponding measures relating to the institutional, social, financial, economic and technical aspects of the waste management. The overall cost of the transport depends on the class and quality of the vehicles used for it, on the number of vehicles, way of maintenance and some other factors. In most cases these costs depend on the organization of the process of the transport. A good organization of the process implies fast and effectual creation of the plan of transport in order to use the transport resources better, as well as fast and precise revision of the plan if needed. The formation of the high quality plans of transport can be gained only if one has a good knowledge of the users' demands, the capability of one's own transport resources and the conditions under which the transport would be carried out. The computerised vehicle routing systems of the dispensation are used because they enable the companies from different areas of economy to improve the use of their own transport resources. The effective use of these systems can shorten the travel and the number of passed kilometers, cut down the expenses and improve the reliability.
1. (2005) Internet: Computerized Vehicle Routing and Scheduling (CVRS) for efficient logistics. Freight Best Practice, DfT (Department for Transport), UK, www.freightbestpractice.org.uk
2. Cvetković, S., Barac, N., Milovanović, G. (2004) Poslovna logistika - zbirka rešenih zadataka. Niš
3. Filipović, S. (2005) Osnovi tehnologije transporta. Beograd: Saobraćajni fakultet
4. Miloradov, M. (2006) Integralno upravljanje otpadom, sanitarne deponije i zaštita voda. u: Seminar ISWA, 29.11-01.12., Novi Sad
5. Špagnut, D. (1989) Tehnološke osobine transportne robe u prevozu. Beograd: Saobraćajni fakultet