Volume 8 article 182 pages: 147 - 161
This paper presents one feasible scenario forrevitalization and reengineering of Serbian industry, as compulsory content of overall transformation process of the national economy on Serbia's road toward European integration. European Technology Platforms (ETP) is a relatively new political instrument, whose main goal is to raise global competitiveness and provide leading position of European economy, through increasing RTD content in European industry. ETP changes the traditional practice of industry and science interaction through the introduction of a radically new approach. This approach is based on the 'bottom up' concept, which leads the industry into a central or leadership position. That way industry can initiate and govern the RTD process. As an example of reengineering of Serbian industry by applying the ETP instrument and its mechanism of implmentation to the national and regional level, reengineering of Serbian metal processing industry, in particular, the segment of manufacturing technology and machine tools building, is considered. Firstly, some historical facts of development and evolution of this segment are referred, then a specific scenario is proposed taking into account the formal framework of ETP instruments and national characteristics, specific cultural profile, and the geographical and historical heritage of Serbia, as a key political and economic factor in the West Balkans region.
1. ETP Expert Group (2009) Strengthening the role of European technology platforms in addressing Europe's grand societal challenges. EUR 24196 EN
2. Jovane, F., Koren, Y., Boer, C.R. (2003) Present and future of flexible automation: Towards new paradigms. Analls of the CIRP, Vol 52/2, pp: 543-560.
3. Manufuture High Level Group, Support Group, EPP Lab (2006) Manufuture strategic research agenda: Assuring the future of manufacturing in Europe. Brussels
4. Manufuture High Level Group and Support Group (2004) Manufuture: A vision for 2020. u: Assuring the future of manufacturing in Europe, Brussels: European Commission
5. Milačić, V. (2010) Politička ekonomija i industrija znanja - elementi teorije i prakse. u: Metodologija projektovanja tehnoloških platformi, Novi Sad: Fakultet tehničkih nauka, Edicija tehničkih monografija, kn. II
6. Republički zavod za statistiku (2010) Saopštenje. br. 120, SRB 120 PМ10 040510, LX, 04.05