This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 terms and conditions.
Volume 16 article 553 pages: 454 - 463
This paper presents the investigation of importance for determining the dynamic structural response of heavy lifting machines subjected to extreme external effects. A measuring system for the experimental investigation of the dynamics of heavy lifting machines is proposed.It shows the experimental testing results of carrying structures for several classes of hoisting and an export mining machine. The results refer to the most important dynamic parameters. The dynamic parameters also include the duration of transient phenomena in handling lifting structures and structural damping.A technical solution based on the measuring chain that is integrated into the mining export plant information system was developed in the research. The recommendation to choose optimal measuring equipment for this kind of measurement is given to manufacturers and users on the basis of the experience gained in the design and implementation of specific measuring systems. The technical specification of amplifiers and transducers that should be developed for this kind of measurement is also proposed.
The paper is part of the project TR35049 at the University of Nis, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia.
1. Radoicic, G., Jovanovic, M. (2017) Transient simulation of impulse wind effect on a tall shipyard frame structure. Journal of Applied Engineering Science, 15(2),192-202, doi:10.5937/jaes15-12935.
2. Radoicic, G., Jovanovic, M. (2013). Experimental identification of overall structural damping of system. Strojniski vestnik – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 59(4), 260-268, doi:10.5545/sv-jme.2012.569.
3. Radoicic, G., Jovanovic, M., Marinkovic, D. (2014). Nonlinear incidental dynamics of frame structures. Structural Engineering and Mechanics – An International Journal, 52(6), 1193-1208, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.12989/sem.2014.52.6.1193.
4. Jovanovic, M., Radoicic, G., Jovanovic, V., Tomic, V., Synchronic excitation – a type of malicious dynamic action, Proceedings of the 21th International Conference on Material Handling, Constructions and Logistics – MHCL’15, held in Vienna, Austria, 23rd-25th September 2015, ISBN 978-86-7083-863-5.
5. Jovanovic, M., Radoicic, G., Maneski, T., Dynamical eigenvalue identification of heavy structures machine, Proceedings of the 7th International conference-Heavy Machinery – HM 2011, Vrnjačka Banja, Serbia, 29th June-2nd July 2011, ISBN978-86-82631-58-3.
6. Jovanovic, M., Supporting structure level luffing system and driving mechanisms resistance of portal-jib cranes optimization, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Nis, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Nis, Serbia, 1990.
7. Vladic, J., Jovanovic, M., Djokic, R., Kljajin, M., Karakasic, M. (2015) Тheoretical and еxperimental analysis of mine еlevator dynamic characteristics. Tehnicki vjesnik, 22(4), 1011-1020.
8. Jovanovic, M., Tomic, V. (2015) Experimental investigation of mining rope system by magnetic resonance – Service window “Vasa Drecun” at the Copper Mine Bor. Research Report, University of Nis, Faculty of Mechanical Enginering, Nis, Serbia.
9. Jovanovic, M., Vladic, J., Tomic, V., Djokic, R. (2015) Experimental investigation of kinematics and dynamics of the export mining machine ASEA HSDE 2.5 in the Service mine shaft RBB Bor. Research Report, Faculty of Mechanical Enginering, Nis, Serbia.
10. Radoicic, G., Jovanovic, M., Arsic, M. (2016) Experience with an on-board weighing system solution for heavy vehicles. ETRI J., 38(4), 787-797, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.4218/etrij.16.0115.0183.
11. Schmidt, H., Fatigue analysis of structural adhesive joints under variable amplitude loading, Ph.D. Dissertation, Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability, Darmstadt, Germany, 2014.
12. Radoicic, G., Jovanovic M., Design of the dynamic models of mobile elevating work platforms and solutions, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference Mechanical Engineering in XXI Century, held in Nis, Serbia, 17th-18th September 2015.
13. Sousa, H., Cavadas, F., Henriques, A., Bento, J., Figueiras, J. (2013) Bridge deflection evaluation using strain and rotation measurements. Smart structures & Systems, 11(4), 365-386.
14. Arsic, M., Jovanovic, M., Radoicic, G., Tomic, V., Markovic, D., Technical device solution for kinematics control of mining export machines, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference Transport & Logistics, held in Nis, Serbia, 5th-6th June 2014,ISBN 978-86-6055-053-0.
15. Radoicic, G., The dynamical behavior of certain classes of heavy lifting and construction machinery from the aspect of accidental events, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Nis, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Nis, Serbia, 2016.
16. Hornarbakhsh, A., Nagayama, T., Rana, S., Tominaga, T., Hisazumi, K., Kanno, R. (2015) Damage identification of belt conveyor support structure using periodic and isolated local vibration modes. Smart Structures & Systems,15(3), 787-806.
17. Gaul, L. (1999) The influence of damping on waves and vibrations, Mechanical Systems& Signal Processing, 13(1), 1-30.
18. Rose, T., An approach to properly account for structural damping frequency – dependent stiffness/damping, and to use complex matrices in transient response, Proceedings of the Worldwide Aerospace Conference and Technology Showcase, held in Toulouse, France, April 2002.