This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 terms and conditions.
Volume 17 article 588 pages: 140 - 143
For the moment, the priority for the development of forestry is the provision of continuous, non-exhaustive and rational use of forest resources. In spite of this, logging residues, i.e. brushwood, twigs, tree tops, butt end and cull wood, which are unavoidably formed due to logging processes, are ploughed and burned. Analysis of this type of logging debris showed that logging residues are up to 18% of the total wood biomass and they are potential raw materials for obtaining woodchips for fuel and other types of products. The study presents evidence-based and experimentally confirmed possibility of obtaining woodchips for fi ber board, pulp and paper industry. The influence of the wood species and the type of logging residues on the quality indicators of chip was established.
The reported study was funded by Russian Foundation for Basic Research, Government of Krasnoyarsk Territory, Krasnoyarsk Regional Fund of Science, to the research project: “Research and modelling of economic development of the forest industry in the region in the context of climatic conditions and resource potential”, Grant № 18-410-240003
- Zyryanov, M.A. (2010). Processing of wood wastes in production of wood fiber board, Bulletin of KSAU, No. 4. pp. 288-291.
- Bezrukikh, Y.А., Medvedev, S.O., Alashkevich, Y.D., & Mokhirev, A.P. (2014). Rational natural resources management in the conditions of development industrial enterprises of forestry complex, Economics and Enterprise, No. 12-2.-pp. 994-996.
- Kärhä, K. (2007). Production and Use of Wood Chips: Improving Supply Chains. In Wood Energy UNECE/FAO Workshop, Belgrade: Serbia. P. 68.
- Heikkilä, J., Tanttu, J.V., Lindblad, J., Sirén, M., & Asikainen, A. (2006). Harvesting alternatives and cost factors of delimbed energy wood: Metsanduslikud Laitila, Uurimused -Forestry Studies. No 45. pp. 49-56.
- Gerasimov, Y., & Karjalainen, T. (2011), Energy wood resources in Northwest Russia, Biomass and Bioenergy, 35(5), 1655-1662. doi:10.1016/j.biombioe.2010.12.039
- Goltsev, V., Ilavský, J., Gerasimov, Y., & Karjalainen, T. (2010). Potential for biofuel development in Tihvin and Boksitogorsk districts of the Leningrad region — The analysis of energy wood supply systems and costs. Forest Policy and Economics, 12(4), 308-316. doi:10.1016/j.forpol.2009.10.007
- Vasiliev, S.B., Patyakin, V.I., & Shegelman, I.R. (2001). Engineering and technologies of chipping production at logging companies, Petrozavodsk: Publ. PSU.
- Mokhirev, A.P., Bezrukikh, А.(., & Medvedev, S.О. (2015). Processing of wood wastes of forestry complex enterprises as a factor of sustainable use of natural resources, Engineering bulletin of Don, Engineering bulletin of Don. No. 2, p 2, |
- Mokhirev, A.P., Aksenov, N.V., & Sheverev, O.V. (2014). On rational management of natural resources and exploitation of resources in Krasnoyarsky krai, Engineering bulletin of Don, No. 4-1 URL: ivdon.ru/ru/magazine/archive/N4y2014/2569.
- Shchukin, P.О., Demchuk, А.V., & Budnik, P.V. (2012). Improvement of the efficiency of processing of logging secondary resources into fuel chip, Engineering bulletin of Don, No.3. URL: http://ivdon.ru/magazine/archive/n3y2012/1025.
- Shegelman, I.R. (2014). Development of technological logging process using feller-skidder on the basis of functional and technical, Engineering bulletin of Don, No.3. URL: http://www.ivdon.ru/ru/magazine/archive/n3y2014/2457.
- Mokhirev, A.P., & Zyryanov, M.A. (2015). Technologies of logging operations with sorting of logging residues, Systems, Methods. Technologies, No. 3.pp. 118-122.