This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 terms and conditions.
Volume 17 article 596 pages: 198 - 202
The paper describes improving the efficiency of educational activities of higher education institutions on the example of enrolment to the South-west state university in 2015-2017. The main efficiency criterion of educational activity is grade-point average evaluation of persons accepted for full-time study. This criterion is set by the Ministry of Science and High Education of the Russian Federation. It is shown on the example of statistical data of the unified state examination in Kursk region in 2015-2018. The implementation of this criterion is determined by admission structure of higher education institutions (the list of specialties, entrance tests, state-funded places). Increasing of grade-point average is possible by threshold scores increasing for one or several subjects (entrance tests). The analysis shows that such approach allows GPA increasing of enrolled students but at the same time leads to income decrease of the educational organization due to the reduction of accepted students. There are diagrams that show dependence of GPA from threshold score change of such subjects as Russian language, Mathematics and other subjects. The diagrams also show income decline at increase in threshold scores in specified cases. GPA increase of the unified state examination by changing the threshold score is economically inappropriate as it influences other efficiency indicators (assessment of financial and economic activity, average salaries).
The study is a part of presidential grant
- Nurieva, L.M., Kiselev S.G. (2017) O chem govorit srednij ball EGE? (What does the average score of the unified state exam tell?), Obrazovanie i nauka, Vol. 19, Issue 6, pp. 33-51.
- Isaev, V.G. Mihalishina E.V. (2015) Ocenka celesoobraznosti ispol'zovaniya srednego balla EGEH v kachestve kriteriya ocenki kachestva obrazovatel'nogo processa (Evaluation of the feasibility of using the average score of the exam as a criterion for
assessing the educational process), Perspektivy, organizacionnye formy i ehffektivnost' razvitiya sotrudnichestva rossijskih i zarubezhnyh vuzov, Tekhnologicheskij universitet, pp 181-186.
- Ivanova, S.A. (2014) Problema EGE v rossijskom obrazovanii (Problem of USE in Russian education), Kul'tura. Duhovnost'. Obshchestvo, 10, pp 120-124.
- Lagerev, R.Yu., Zedgenizov, A.V. (2013) Osobennosti ocenki obrazovatel'nogo rejtinga rossijskih gosudarstvennyh vuzov (Features of evaluation of the educational rating of Russian state universities), Sovremennye tekhnologii upravleniya, 8(32), pp 27-37
- Chumanova, V.V. (2016) Chestno o monitoringe vuzov (Be honest about monitoring of the universities), Problemy prava, 3(57), pp 59-64.
- Pyhtin, A.I., Emelianov, I.P. (2019) Prospects of creating a unified information system for admission to universities in Russia, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, vol. 7(5), pp 299-301
- Ukolov, A.F., Apenina, S.A., Frundina, I.B. (2017) Edinyj gosudarstvennyj ehkzamen v Kurskoj oblasti v 2017 godu. Sbornik statisticheskih materialov (Unified state exam in Kursk Region in 2017 year), Kursk: OOO «Planeta+», 492 p.
- Storchevoj, V.F., Klyuev, A.N., Morozov, A.V. (2013) Kompleks meropriyatij, provodimyh MGUP po povysheniyu srednego balla EGE shkol'nikov pri postuplenii v vuz (The range of activities carried out MGUP to raise the average score of the exam students for admission to the university), Vestnik uchebno-metodicheskogo obedineniya po obrazovaniyu v oblasti prirodoobustrojstva i vodopol'zovaniya, vol. 5(5), pp 77-85.
- Kurylyova, O.I., Ogorodova, M.V., Kurylev, A.I. (2015) O razrabotke metodiki ocenki ehffektivnosti priemnoj kampanii vuza kak rezul'tata realizacii meropriyatij kompleksa proforientacionnogo vzaimodejstviya (On the development of a methodology for assessing the effectiveness of the admission campaign of the University as a result of the implementation of professional orientation of the complex interaction), Vestnik evrazijskoj nauki, vol. 7/issue 5(30), pp 204.
- Pykhtin, A.I., Ovchinkin, O.V. (2018) Mathematical model and algorithm of carrying out the centralized competition in Russian higher educational institutions, International Multidisciplinary Scientific Geo-Conference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology
Management, SGEM, vol. 18(2.1), pp 537-543
- Ovchinkin, O.V., Pyhtin, A.I., Emelianov I.P. (2013) Algoritm processa upravleniya priemom lic na vtoroj i posleduyushchie kursy v vuzah, Izvestiya Yugo-Zapadnogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta (Proceedings of Southwest State University), vol. 1(46), pp